Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-22-2010, 07:23 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
printing larger sizes

Hi, I understand in PS how to resize images but what I don't quite get is if I want to print on a size A3 sheet do I have to resize the image in PS to A3 as well as specify the A3 paper size in the printer software?
Alistair

03-22-2010, 10:25 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
No resizing should ever be necessary in Photoshop - simply tell it what size you want the print to be, and the software should handle the rest. Chances are you'd only screw things up trying to mess with resizing. If you are an expert and know exactly what you are, it's conceivable you might get maginally better results doing the resizing yourself by choosing an appropriate resampling algorithm for the image, but for most of us, the software automatic resizing is *way* smarter than we are.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
a3, photography, photoshop, ps, resize, size