Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-05-2010, 05:27 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Manual alignment HDR software?

Just wondering if there is software to make HDR's that will allow me to manually alight images. I took a series of pics earlier but for some stupid reason left my tripod mount at home so I had to hand hold the shot. I can easily go back and reshoot it cause it's in my own town..but if I can find software that will let me do the manual alignment I might not have to go back.

04-05-2010, 07:35 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Dynamic Photo HDR will allow manual alignment in addition to automatic alignment.
04-06-2010, 10:49 PM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by timstone Quote
Just wondering if there is software to make HDR's that will allow me to manually alight images. I took a series of pics earlier but for some stupid reason left my tripod mount at home so I had to hand hold the shot. I can easily go back and reshoot it cause it's in my own town..but if I can find software that will let me do the manual alignment I might not have to go back.
Photomatix allows 2 different kinds of automatic alignment for handheld or for tripod use, but doesn't have any manual method as far as i can find. The automatic methods work well i think, but i have occasionally had photos that wouldn't liine up for either method.
04-07-2010, 10:50 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Try FDRTools Advanced or Dynamic Photo HDR. Both allow for manual alignment of images. Both have trial downloads. Photomatix doesn't offer the manual option.

michael mckee
My Port Townsend – A City in Photographs – 365

Last edited by mysticcowboy; 04-09-2010 at 08:48 PM.
04-08-2010, 03:52 AM   #5

i am using the dynamic photo hdr. i think it is much better than the photomatix. it is really good
04-08-2010, 07:27 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by phzy2003 Quote
i am using the dynamic photo hdr. i think it is much better than the photomatix. it is really good
I don't know if it is better, but it sure is easier to use and gives great results.
04-08-2010, 01:11 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I use easyHDR Pro, and it has Manual and Auto alignment functions. Seems to work well for most of my requirements, and is about a third of price of Photomatix.

Also enjoy the LDR function (single image pseudo HDR) which has been a quick way to improve photos with slightly too much range leading to either too light or too dark extremes.