Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-20-2010, 07:35 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Will you upgrade from CS4-CS5?

I got my legal version of CS4 a year or more ago. I can actually do some stuff with it that doesn't make me look too much a fool. Basically I am comfortable with it now and still have a long way to go.

Now Adobe is coming out with CS5.

How many people here at at my stage of progress with CS4 or further along or heck, further back? And of those, no matter where you are, are eager to upgrade your system and start all over again?

I personally feel cheated that Adobe didn't wait for my mastery of their product before they released the new version.

My latest self portrait is below.....

Attached Images

04-21-2010, 12:46 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I've personally found photoshop be be very "backwards compatiable", and I don't mean that they let you open and edit previous version of the file formats. The tool bar and alot of the options are setup as they have been for many previous versions. Also you can even go into cs and set it up too look like older versions if you wanted to. I doubt cs5 will be any different
04-21-2010, 08:19 AM   #3

Photos: Gallery
have to agree with Dr who on this one. I first started out using photoshop cs, and have had them all.(currently on cs4) The best thing is the easy transformation. tools are all the same, key strokes are the same. usually the new just simplifies numerous processes into a single task.
04-22-2010, 07:31 AM   #4
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by landscaped1 Quote
have to agree with Dr who on this one. I first started out using photoshop cs, and have had them all.(currently on cs4) The best thing is the easy transformation. tools are all the same, key strokes are the same. usually the new just simplifies numerous processes into a single task.
Had Photoshop since version 4. After doing the pre release beta will surely upgrade. Unfortunately for me Adobe discontinued their provider program where people in my industry would get the design premium suite for $600. So it's just a PS upgrade for me this time. And CS4 works fine for print