Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-24-2007, 06:57 PM   #1
Forum Member

Paint Shop Pro 11 VS photo Lab 3

I tried using my camera in RAW mode this evening and tried the software vs. using PSP 11. it is nice that the photo lab to read and write to TIFF and JPEG files, but the RAW file was only about 9.6 MB. the TIFF went to 36MB and the JPEG was at highest setting 984 KB. I tried reading the PEF file in PSP 11, it could read the file no problem, and could then write it to any format listed to choose from. will try photo browser next, seems the pentax software is a basic program to use when you do not want to load up the photo shop or paint shop pro programs.

07-25-2007, 04:37 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I tried PSP for a while (during the evaluation period).
I did not like the user interface much.

PPL was also rather cumbersome to use at the beginning. That's why I started using LightZone (for Linux). I still use LightZone frequently.

However, I started to like PPL after spending some time and processing more pictures. I am not willing to pay for PSP; it does not offer anything I cannot do using the nice&free software I have.

By the way, PPL has quite sophisticated controls like the lens aberration control which works nicely. I suggest you spend some more time on it before spending your money...
07-25-2007, 03:02 PM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
Psp 11

well, free is nice if you have the OS for it, but I can only use Win XP. I have used PSP since version 3.12 and have brought full version and updates since then. but of course, if I have Linux, I would use the freeware photo programs, but alas, the computer cannot run it, too many drivers to update before the install and no knowledge for me to work with it.