Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-06-2010, 06:16 PM   #1

Feedback Score: 21 (100%)
[SOLD] Pentax Primes / Vivitar zoom

Spring cleaning time! I have gone through some bouts of LBA and ended up with a lot of great lenses that I do not use much so hopefully all of these lenses find a good home and a new owner that will appreciate them as much as I have.
I am not the original owner of any of these lenses and they are all used.
All items will be shipped from Seattle, WA and for now I will only be considering buyers from U.S. and Canada.

Here is the quick list of what I have for sale. Detailed descriptions and pictures are below.

SMC Pentax-M 50mm f/1.4 - $90 ***SOLD***
SMC Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4 - $165 ***SOLD***
SMC Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8 - $90 ***SOLD***
SMC Pentax-K 35mm f/3.5 - $200 ***SOLD***
Tamron Adaptall 2 80-210mm f/3.8-4 CF Tele Macro BBAR w/Pentax mount - $60 ***SOLD***
Vivitar Series 1 VMC 28-90mm f/2.8-3.5 - $70 ***SOLD***
Seikanon 500mm f/8 mirror lens - $75 ***SOLD***

SMC Pentax-M 50mm f/1.4 - SOLD
Excellent condition. Glass is free from scratches, haze, and fungus. Little to no dust inside. Aperture is snappy and oil-free. Focus ring is smooth. I have taken some of my very favorite shots with this lens. It is definitely capable of producing breathtaking pictures. Comes with vintage Asahi Pentax skylight filter, pentax front and rear caps.

SMC Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4 - SOLD
Excellent condition. No scratches, haze, or fungus. Very little if any dust inside. Aperture is snappy and oil-free. Focus is smooth and tight. Comes with Pentax front and rear caps, Rilex UV filter, and hard case.

SMC Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8 - SOLD
Excellent condition inside and out. Near mint glass and no marks on body either. Aperture is snappy and oil-free. Focus ring is smooth. Great lens for indoor shooting with natural light. Produces nice bokeh! Comes with Spectralstar UV filter and Pentax front and rear caps.

SMC Pentax-K 35mm f/3.5 - SOLD
Excellent condition. I really don't even want to sell this lens but I haven't been using it very much. It has been called one of the sharpest lenses Pentax ever made. I agree. This copy is the cleanest K series lens I have ever seen in person. Glass is free from scratches, haze, fungus, and minimal dust particles. Aperture is snappy and oil-free, focus ring is smooth. The color and contrast rendering are also nothing short of amazing. The body on this copy is very clean, no marks, and bright letters/numbers. This is by far my favorite peice of Pentax glass. If I don't sell it at asking price within a week, I will probably keep it.

Tamron Adaptall 2 80-210mm f/3.8-4 CF Tele Macro BBAR with P/K Adaptall 2 mount - SOLD
Excellent Condition. This is a high-quality manual focus zoom lens with an adaptall 2 mount so you can use it on any camera with an adapter. It comes with the Pentax adapter. It has a built-in lens hood with a couple tiny marks on the edge of it. Other than that the body is in great shape. Aperture blades are snappy and oil-free. Focus/zoom ring is tight and smooth (no creep). Very solid construction but light compared to Vivitar Series 1 or Pentax-A 70-210 lenses. Glass is very clean (no scratches, haze, fungus, minimal dust). Excellent image quality. I was very surprised. If I had a P/K-A adaptall mount for this I would probably choose this over the Vivitar Series 1 or Pentax-A counterparts (both of which I love). This lens just feels good in your hands and it takes brilliant photos! It comes with original front and rear caps as well as an original hard case. Can't beat it for the money.

Vivitar Series 1 VMC 28-90mm f/2.8-3.5 - SOLD
Very Good condition. This is a very rare P/K-A version of the Series 1 28-90mm lens. It is made by Komine (same company that built the legendary 3rd version of the Series 1 70-210mm. It is a great walk-around lens. Very sharp. Only reason I am selling this is because it has a tiny bit of fungus around the outer edge of one of the interior elements. As long as I have owned it the fungus has never gotten any bigger or changed shape so I think it is dead. As far as I can tell, it does not affect the image quality at all, especially on a APS-C DSLR camera. I have heard these lenses are very easy to open up and clean but I never dared to open it up. I have heard that sometimes it will just go away after time in a dry climate or exposed to UV light (like in a windowsill for a week or two) but I haven't owned it long enough to try it. Other than that, aperture blades are snappy and oil free. Glass is otherwise in good shape (no scratches or haze, minimal dust). This lens would probably sell for at least double without the fungus issue. I am too chicken to clean it myself and too lazy to take it in to be cleaned so my loss is your gain.

Seikanon 500mm f/8 macro focusing mirror lens with P/K T-mount - SOLD

Very good condition. This is a 500mm mirror lens that is a constant f/8. It is a T-mount with a P/K adapter included. It comes with a custom lens hood, 72mm front cap, and a hard case. Upon testing it, I was very surprised at the image quality. It focuses down to less than 8' and even hand-held, I was getting some great shots from it. Definitely a great way to get the extra reach you want without paying a lot for it. Great for wildlife and astrophotography. I am sure you could get some great moon shots with this. Both sample photos below I took with this 500mm lens hand-held.

All items are OBO but keep in mind that they are already priced below what I feel that I could sell them for on eBay so please no lowballers.

Buyer to pay $15 for shipping and handling (which will include insurance through USPS). Combined shipping available if you buy more than 1 item. PM me for details.

Last edited by JP_Seattle; 05-10-2010 at 10:18 PM.
05-07-2010, 10:38 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 2 (100%)
Pm sent
05-07-2010, 12:34 PM   #3

Feedback Score: 9 (100%)
PM sent also!
05-07-2010, 01:19 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 9 (100%)
PM sent. Thank you.

05-07-2010, 04:26 PM   #5

Original Poster
PM's replied.

Vivitar 28-90mm f/2.8-3.5 SOLD
Seikanon 500mm f/8 SOLD

Last edited by JP_Seattle; 05-08-2010 at 11:43 PM.
05-08-2010, 11:49 PM   #6

Original Poster
I haven't heard back from the potential buyers on the SMC Pentax 35mm or the Tamron 80-210mm lenses so they are back on the market for new interested buyers.

Everything from the original post is available except the Vivitar 28-90mm and Seikanon 500mm lenses.

Prices lowered for the first and last time. I will be selling these lenses on ebay if they are not gone by Wednesday.
05-09-2010, 01:04 AM   #7
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 5 (100%)
PM sent re: A 28.
05-10-2010, 12:39 PM   #8

Original Poster
Ok, everything is sold except the Pentax-M 50mm 1.4

Today only, because I would rather only make 1 trip to the post office. I will sell this M 50mm 1.4 lens for $80.

Someone grab it and I will ship it out today!