Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-09-2010, 02:06 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 13 (93%)
[SOLD] Sigma 180mm APO Macro EX DG F3.5 & Lowpro case (US/CAN)

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Sigma 180mm APO Macro EX DG F3.5 & Lowpro case

Asking Price
650 USD

Item Location
Bronx, NY USA

Item Description
This is a relatively rare lens. AFAIK, Sigma no longer makes this lens in Pentax mount. Outside of the legendary (and very pricey) Pentax FA* 200 macro, this is the only AF/Auto aperture lens available above 105mm. It is highly rated on our own Sigma lens database. I've found the lens to be very sharp, excellent contrast and color rendition.
When I read these for sale notices, I always wonder why the seller is selling. Well, outside of the fact that $650 will help my bottom line, I've found the lens doesn't really suit my shooting style. I like to shoot hand held, and while I have and use a nice tripod, it's not really my style. The Sigma 180mm macro is simply too big to shoot hand held macros with any kind of decent success rate. Therefore, I don't use it much at all. I think I've taken it with me about 5-6 times in the two years I've owned it. I will say however that the lowepro case clips securely to my belt with the sturdy velcro fastener on the case.

A few sample shots, more can be found here:LBA: Sigma 180mm F3.5 Macro - saltwater's Photos

NaCl(sad to see it go, but hopefully to a home were it won't be so lonely!)H2O

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
North America

Shipping Charge
free shipping conus, buyer pays shipping charge elsewhere

Shipping Services
USPS, UPS, FedEX

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
One week (7 days from receipt) no questions asked return

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

05-09-2010, 02:56 PM   #2

Feedback Score: 11 (100%)
1st in line PM sent