PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
DA 17-70 f/4 SDM

Asking Price
$410 US

Item Location
Ohio

Item Description
Here is a DA 17-70mm f/4 that I am looking to sell or trade for a DA 35mm F/2.8 macro. As some of you may know I won this lens on a contest here and as a landscape photographer I already have this focal range well covered. I have been looking to pick up the DA 35mm lens for some time as I will love to get into the world of macro but funds have been limited so I figured this was the best way to upgrade. As stated above this lens is brand new I have only used it once to test how the lens performed and it did extremely well. I have posted below some shots of the lens and some photos taken with the lens so you know exactly what you are buying.

Thanks,
Cory

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling or Trading

Item Condition (Key)
New
Mint

Shipping Destinations
United States

Shipping Charge
$10

Shipping Services
USPS

Accepted Payment Types
Check/Money Order

Return Policy & Additional Details
No returns

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by Tuner571; 05-14-2010 at 06:13 AM.
05-13-2010, 08:13 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Feedback Score: 46 (100%)

That's 3/3 that have offered for sale or trade the prizes from the contest. I wouldn't mind having the lens but I too have the range covered and no way am I letting go of my DA35.

Good luck...

05-13-2010, 09:06 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 7 (100%)
Original Poster
I know Jeff, I really hate to do it as I probably look like a real jerk doing this, but I just don't have a need for it. I have been looking at the DA 35 for some time as I have never owned a Pentax limited prime before so I am hoping that it sells soon so I can pick one up and see for myself how good these primes really are.
05-13-2010, 09:13 AM   #4
Inactive Account

I'm not casting any stones. If I had a couple hundred more posts during the time, I might be doing the same thing, with all thanks to the forum and Pentax. Let's see.. I've kind of been eying the DA10-17 lately...

05-13-2010, 10:04 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 23 (100%)
The DA 17-70 takes incredible pictures.
05-14-2010, 06:12 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 7 (100%)
Original Poster
Price drop to $410 plus shipping.
05-14-2010, 01:45 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 6 (86%)
PM sent,
Brian

05-15-2010, 01:01 PM   #8

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
pm sent
05-15-2010, 02:33 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 9 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by JeffJS Quote

That's 3/3 that have offered for sale or trade the prizes from the contest. I wouldn't mind having the lens but I too have the range covered and no way am I letting go of my DA35.

Good luck...

I haven't offered to sell or trade my prize. I did on my previous prize incarnation, but totally happy with the one I have now.

Am I the only one though? It's not bad enough that this contest and even just my presence on this forum sent so many away, but now seeing everyone want to sell their prizes is really unsettling.
05-15-2010, 04:28 PM   #10
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Feedback Score: 40 (100%)
Yes, you're the only one, and even that's unfortunate. In the future, prizes will be awarded differently, and will not be allowed to be sold or traded on our site. By doing so, we ruin the spirit of the contest while literally wasting a good $100 in the process, per item.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-15-2010, 05:46 PM   #11
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by jct us101 Quote
I haven't offered to sell or trade my prize. I did on my previous prize incarnation, but totally happy with the one I have now.

Am I the only one though? It's not bad enough that this contest and even just my presence on this forum sent so many away, but now seeing everyone want to sell their prizes is really unsettling.
I had read that you were wanting to trade the Red for Black or a Canon on another site. Also, that Pentax had made the accommodation of a color switch before sending the camera. As I told Cory, I'm not casting any stones here. It was just an observation. I hope you're enjoying your new Pentax.

05-15-2010, 11:06 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 9 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by JeffJS Quote
I had read that you were wanting to trade the Red for Black or a Canon on another site. Also, that Pentax had made the accommodation of a color switch before sending the camera. As I told Cory, I'm not casting any stones here. It was just an observation. I hope you're enjoying your new Pentax.

Yes that is fair, but I never expected anyone to answer my FredMiranda post, and nobody ever did. I probably would have just kept it.
05-18-2010, 01:26 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 41 (98%)
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Yes, you're the only one, and even that's unfortunate. In the future, prizes will be awarded differently, and will not be allowed to be sold or traded on our site. By doing so, we ruin the spirit of the contest while literally wasting a good $100 in the process, per item.
I disagree. You held a contest to see who can be most loquacious to celebrate the 1,000,000th post and awarded prizes to winners. What the winners do with their prizes is strictly their business. The prizes you awarded were very handsome by any means but if the prizes were redundant to the winners or if the winners had something else on their mind and want to use their winnings to soften their pursuit of the LBA holy grail, all the power to them! They won fair and square, any attempt to control the movement of the awarded prizes would be impossible and likely would cause harm to any future contests.

Just a thought, if you made the prize stupendously handsome - say a Pentax 45D - ain't no one gonna sell that!: lol:
05-18-2010, 03:32 AM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 34 (100%)
He's also trying to trade for a more appropriate lens to his needs, like the DA 35 Macro.

This is just a market functioning like a market.

I am not sure where the product for prizes originates, but a gift certificate from commercial site sponsors may be another idea.

QuoteOriginally posted by excanonfd Quote
I disagree. You held a contest to see who can be most loquacious to celebrate the 1,000,000th post and awarded prizes to winners. What the winners do with their prizes is strictly their business. The prizes you awarded were very handsome by any means but if the prizes were redundant to the winners or if the winners had something else on their mind and want to use their winnings to soften their pursuit of the LBA holy grail, all the power to them! They won fair and square, any attempt to control the movement of the awarded prizes would be impossible and likely would cause harm to any future contests.

Just a thought, if you made the prize stupendously handsome - say a Pentax 45D - ain't no one gonna sell that!: lol:
05-20-2010, 09:51 AM   #15
Forum Member

Feedback Score: 3 (100%)
PM'ed