Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-16-2010, 11:17 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 200 (100%)
[SOLD] SMC Pentax DA* 300mm F4 ED [IF] SDM (Worldwide)

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
SMC Pentax DA* 300mm F4 ED [IF] SDM

Asking Price
975 USD

Item Location
Maryland

Item Description
For sale is a like new Pentax DA*300/4. The IQ is amazing and quite sharp wide open. No SDM issues; AF is smooth and quick. I had thought about replacing my 60-250/4 when I bought the 300 (to pair with my 50-135), but I've just found that the 300 is a bit longer than I would like. I also decided (after going back and forth several times) that the versatility having the zoom is more important to me than the higher IQ of the prime. The lens includes the original caps, hood, case and box. I will also include a copy of the original receipt just in case there are any warranty issues down the road as the lens was originally purchased in January of this 2010 and still has another 7 months left on the original 1-year warranty.

The asking price includes all paypal fees. If you'd like to save around $30 and pay directly with a personal paypal transfer, I'm fine with that as well, just let me know.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Like New

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
$20 US or $50 Worldwide (both include insurance)

Shipping Services
USPS or UPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
If the lens is not as described, let me know with in a few days and I will refund your money, less shipping both ways.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by dgaies; 08-15-2010 at 05:05 AM.
05-16-2010, 01:06 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 5 (100%)
Just wanted to chime in and say the DA-300 is a really fine lens. I've used it with a monopod for some great pictures off a whale watching boat. Its fast enough to take good pictures without the weight (34 oz) to discourage taking it along. It works quite well with the Tamron 1.4x TC i have for extra reach.

it also has exceptional creamy bokeh. The SDM problems in the numerous polls - i've only seen like 2 reports for this lens over the year that such polls were carried on which is virtually none.
05-16-2010, 01:22 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
some test shots from the DA*300 (w/ and w/o 1.4x TC)

QuoteOriginally posted by philbaum Quote
Just wanted to chime in and say the DA-300 is a really fine lens. I've used it with a monopod for some great pictures off a whale watching boat. Its fast enough to take good pictures without the weight (34 oz) to discourage taking it along. It works quite well with the Tamron 1.4x TC i have for extra reach.

it also has exceptional creamy bokeh. The SDM problems in the numerous polls - i've only seen like 2 reports for this lens over the year that such polls were carried on which is virtually none.
Yeah, I have the Tamron 1.4x and it does work quite well with the DA*300 (including AF). Below is a test shots I took a little while back when I was testing the 300+1.4x combo (not a very exciting subject).

DA*300+1.4x (downsized for web)

DA*300+1.4x (100% crop of above image)

Here are a couple of quick test shot (handheld) I took the other morning from my front porch

100% crop

100% crop

Last edited by dgaies; 05-16-2010 at 02:03 PM. Reason: added images
05-17-2010, 03:48 AM   #4

Feedback Score: 1 (100%)
Hi there,
That's quite a gorgeous lens. Is it still available (I'm sure it's very sought after)? Would you consider shiping it to France?

05-17-2010, 04:11 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Planteverte Quote
Hi there,
That's quite a gorgeous lens. Is it still available (I'm sure it's very sought after)? Would you consider shiping it to France?
No problem shipping to France. PM sent.

EDIT: SOLD, on it's way to France

Last edited by dgaies; 05-18-2010 at 07:10 AM. Reason: item sold