Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-01-2007, 11:26 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Feedback Score: 5 (100%)
[SOLD] FS: (EU) Pentax K10D body - reversed auction

070807: Sold

I'm selling my second K10D body.

Used but in good shape: There are no dings or cracks, everything works as expected. In fact it is very good looking. Nothing wrong with the rear LCD or the top LCD (updated info... very good for the anal ones. The marks I mentioned earlier were justa couple of stubborn dust spots). So, the camera is pretty much as new. The camera hasn't been abused in any way. It has spent most of it's time in a bag and has never been dropped or banged around.

I have checked carefully, using a loupe, and this camera comes without the infamous bottom plate crack.

The camera comes with the box as when I bought it new and everything in the box back then is there when you get it.

<3700 actuations. The serial number is 2501*** so it's not an oldie for sale here.

Pictures of the camera can bee seen here:
Selling_K10D
There are the common dust specks visible...

Here is one of the pictures:

Price new in EU is EUR 730 (Pixmania, German price)

My Price: EUR 505 today, I will lower the price with EUR 10 every day, or every second day, until' sold.

Warranty: This is a private sell and there is no warranty. All the original papers will be included. In the as unlikely as unfortunate situation making you ask for a warranty repair the Pentax EU warranty should work. If you run into trouble I'll try to help you out.
Shipping: Insured shipping inside EU is EUR 30
Total price: EUR 535
Payment: Verified PayPal, cash on pick-up (Göteborg, Sweden)
Questions: PM me and I'll reply and also edit this post

Interested? First reply here and then send me a PM.

Q: Hi! Is it possible to buy these lenses from outside EU? If yes, could you perhaps tell me how much would shipping be?
A: I have no problems sending the camera, or any of the lenses, to you in xxx. The drawbacks are on your side:

* Any possible customs or taxes when importing it is on your side
* You'll be totally on your own with regards to warranty. I will not be able to help you out in any way as I would have topay import taxes if you return the camera to me (to get help with warranty repair here in Sweden).
* Shipping and custom papers means more work so your price is EUR 20 higher
Now I have set a low price and you probably make a bargain anyway, especially if you wait a couple of day for me to continue to lower the price. The risk of a major warranty problem is very small.
I assume you have a verified PayPal account.

Last edited by Jonas B; 08-07-2007 at 11:42 AM. Reason: item sold
08-02-2007, 03:10 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Original Poster
First price drop; from EUR 550 to 520... I'm sorry for the confusion about the price I made in the first post. Now price and shipping costs should match.
08-02-2007, 04:42 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
What an interesting concept, the way you're selling this. I'll do my part to keep this thread floating for you.
08-02-2007, 08:00 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by vinzer Quote
What an interesting concept, the way you're selling this. I'll do my part to keep this thread floating for you.
Thank you vinzer...

Yes, it's interesting. I wonder how low the price will go before anyone bites. And I can bump the thread without feeling bad about it.

regards,

08-03-2007, 01:54 AM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Another EUR 10 price reduction. Don't expect another price reduction until Sunday or Monday.

Have a nice weekend everybody!
08-05-2007, 05:13 AM   #6
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Just a teaser; a tiny EUR 5 price drop today.
08-05-2007, 10:30 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 21 (100%)
hi jonas...would you trade for artwork??????
08-05-2007, 12:27 PM   #8
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mayoapo Quote
hi jonas...would you trade for artwork??????
I love artwork. But no thank you - sadly it doesn't help me finance my new purchases.

regards,

08-06-2007, 06:45 AM   #9
Inactive Account

Original Poster
No price drop today.
Pictures are added. (preparing for a move to eBay)
The earlier mentioned marks on the LCD screens were easily removed
They were just stubborn dust specks. Oh well. I'll leave the price as is for a couple of days. It doesn't seem fair to rise it but now I think I should have started at a higher level.

Let me know what you think. Is it still too expensive?

regards,
08-06-2007, 07:34 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
QuoteOriginally posted by Jonas B Quote
Let me know what you think. Is it still too expensive?
The K10D body is available here in the UK from a reputable shop for £400, brand new, with warranty. Your 500 euros is about £340.

Can't speak for other EU countries, but to sell it in the UK it would have come down some more, I suspect.
08-06-2007, 07:51 AM   #11
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisA Quote
The K10D body is available here in the UK from a reputable shop for £400, brand new, with warranty. Your 500 euros is about £340.

Can't speak for other EU countries, but to sell it in the UK it would have come down some more, I suspect.
GBP 400?
Then I can consider to go lower. I do notice that Ffordes wants GBP 550, Pixmania wants GBP 509, the lowest price at anyone having the camera in stock is Tesco (GBP 499.97, according to Pricerunner). It seems as you can order the camera from a place called Tekmo for GBP 419 plus shipping, unknown if in stock.
What reputable dealer sells it for GBP 400? I'm surprised as this would be the first time anything Pentax in GB is priced that competetive.

regards, and
thank you,
08-07-2007, 11:42 AM   #12
Inactive Account

Original Poster
070807: Sold