Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-23-2010, 07:23 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 51 (100%)
[SOLD] Tamron 28-300mm f3.5-6.3 AF Superzoom (Worldwide)

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Tamron 28-300mm f3.5-6.3 AF Superzoom

Asking Price
$180 US

Item Location
Aurora, CO 80011

Item Description

This was my first lens purchase for my *ist DS after the kit lens, and my first eBay purchase. I bought it as a vacation lens, and it does that job well. Like any superzoom, it does not produce the ultimate image quality, but in all other areas, it's a great lens. Build quality seems excellent for an inexpensive lens. It's compact and not heavy. Autofocus works well, and manual focus is not that bad either.

Some more about image quality: It's definitely not as good as a prime lens anywhere in its range. But unless you are going to bring 8 primes on vacation, that doesn't matter. The lens is the A06 model, 62mm filter size with ordinary (non-Di) lens coatings.

Contemporary magazine tests said it was a good improvement over the previous 72mm model, and one of the best lenses in its range. They knocked off some points because it doesn't quite reach 300mm even at infinity, more like 270mm. In practice, this isn't a significant difference. Tamron does not sell this model any more, and I'm not sure if their current versions are related. When I used it, I had decent results when I stayed away from the lens's limits - like 250mm and f11, not 300mm and f6.3. SR helps a lot too. Many of my bad photos at extreme zoom were because of motion blur. There's purple fringing at about the same level as the Tamron 70-300mm. I did not see it that often, but since a lot of vacation shots are in harsh light, it does show up.

I got the lens from Cameta in 2006. All the original packaging and accessories are included, except I lost the front cap somewhere. The cap I'll include is a center-pinch one similar to the original. I'm also including the 62mm Hoya UV filter that Cameta gave me for double-charging my credit card. It was on the lens a lot because I didn't know where else to put it.

The lens works perfectly. The glass has no scratches, fungus, haze or other issues. Aperture is snappy and blades are oil-free. The A position works fine. The focus and zoom are smooth through the range. The zoom lock works.

Photos are half-size. The larger versions are in this album.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Like New

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
$9 US, ask int'l

Shipping Services
USPS Priority in US

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
International shipping via Priority International only

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

05-23-2010, 07:59 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 140 (100%)
PM sent....