Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-25-2010, 07:26 AM   #1
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 24 (100%)
[SOLD] The Good, The Bad and The Ugly - Film Cameras (US)

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
The Good, The Bad and The Ugly - Film Cameras

Asking Price
See descriptions

Item Location
Missouri

Item Description
I am offering four film cameras for sale:

The Good: a ZX-60 - $24, a K1000 - $28 - sold - Thank you
The Bad: a functioning K1000 with some issues - $16 - sold - Thank you

and The Ugly: an MG with hideous neck strap and questionable performance - $14

Il Buono - The ZX-60 (no lens included) - sold

Fully functioning in every capacity. I used this often in the late 90's and early 2000's and it never failed. I am the second owner. There are no scratches or noticable damage to the camera. I shot a roll of film through it about a year ago in preparation for a sale then. This is a good, compact film slr. The manual comes with it. $24 includes postage anywhere in The United States

The K1000 (no lens included) - sold

This one looks very good. Clean inside and out with no dents but some scratches on the hot shoe and superficial scratches on the bottom plate. The door is not bent in anyway and hinges and battery compartment show no rust or corrosion. This is a very good looking and performing film camera. I shot a roll a film through it soon after I bought it a few months ago and shutter and exposure are good. Light meter, dials and every facet of the camera seem to perform as it should. I even have the manual. $28 includes postage anywhere in The United States

Il Cattivo - The K1000 (no lens or filters included) - sold

This one is a bit of a project for some. The iso dial will not lock in a down position and can move freely. Now I tested it with a roll of film with this issue and found it to be no problem what so ever as long as you are careful. Obviously accidental turning of the iso settings can affect the camera's performance if you are not careful so I want to make this clear. The iso dial will not lock into position. Also upon recently inspecting the camera I notice the sponge padding around the mirror/focus screen is disintergrated. There is next to no foam on the front edge of the focus screen. I was picking at the foam during inspection and it started coming off easily. There are no scratches on the mirror. Other facets of the camera look and perform well. Comes with this armadillo case which shows no tears. All snaps and clasps look good. Comes with a manual. $16 includes postage in The United States.

*Lens and filters not included*

Il Brutto - The MG (no lens included)

The camera is in a state of shock and brandishing a not very attractive neck strap. (yes I know it can be removed) The mirror is locked in the up position, the shutter is advanced and will not release. This may be the "reset" syndrome but I do not have good enough tools nor the inclination at this point to further investigate. I am at least the second owner of this MG and the previous owner said it was working well just prior to this lock up. I installed batteries but saw no indication of a resolution after turning the mode dial. The camera also lacks a tiny screw to hold in place the tip of the shutter release button. I have the tiny button that goes in the spot but have been unsuccessful in brief attempts to find a screw small enough to hold it in place.
The camera has no damage otherwise and looks very good. The leather case is a little beat up but all the snaps are intact and connect.The film door is not bent and hinges show no rust. It is just frozen in time. $14 gets this repair project to your door if you live in America.

Thank you for lurking. Now send me some questions if you are interested in a sale.

(My apologies to Sergio Leone and United Artists)

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Fair

Shipping Destinations
United States

Shipping Charge
Included in prices

Shipping Services
United States Postal Service

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal Check/Money Order

Return Policy & Additional Details
Complete money back guarantee if you are not satisfied

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by Nowhere Matt; 05-27-2010 at 12:05 PM.
05-25-2010, 08:50 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Replies sent to all parties interested in these great and not so great cameras.
Great initial interest in some of the cameras and I hope for others to also consider these offers and send me personal messages.
Thank you.
05-26-2010, 12:48 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Sales in progress for the two K1000 and ZX-60 cameras.

The comatose MG is still available.
05-27-2010, 12:09 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Both K1000 cameras and the ZX-60 have been sold. Thank you very much for your interest and replies.

I'll pollute the Marketplace with the MG just a few more days before removing these listings.

The Pentax MG body and, uhh, purpose serving neckstrap is still available. I will send it anywhere in America for $14.

Thank you.