Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-25-2010, 11:35 AM   #1
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 104 (98%)
[SOLD] Tamron SP 2X Tele-Converter Model 01F (US)

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Tamron SP 2X Tele-Converter Model 01F

Asking Price
$40

Item Location
Kearney, Nebraska USA

Item Description
This is the famous Tamron SP 2X Tele-Converter Model 01F (IMAGE BELOW):
Selling because I don't need TWO (I use mine with the Tamron SP 90mm f2.5 Macro to get to 1:1 but as you can see from the quote below they are useful for a number of Tamron lenses.). The image below was taken with an OM Adaptall mount installed, but it is not included in this sale (being sold sans-mount). You can get Adaptall 2 mounts in either m42, PK, PK-M, or PK/A mounts on the used market.

According to the adaptall2.com web site:
QuoteQuote:
This 2X converter, compatible with most Adaptall-2 mount lenses, provides very good optical performance. The 6 element, 5 group optical design is housed in a moderately long barrel which is about twice the length of conventional 4 element 2X converters. The flat field optical design minimizes off-axis aberrations; spherical and chromatic aberrations are also extraordinarily well controlled. Tamron's literature states that this converter is designed for lenses with a focal length of 90mm and longer. Nevertheless this converter performs well with all Tamron zoom lenses which have a stationary master group (the rearmost group of lens elements). This converter can also be used with many Tamron wide to tele zoom lenses for doubling macro magnification, and usually results in better off-axis macro performance.
Priority Mail shipping to the Continental U.S. for $5.

Thanks for looking!

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
United States

Shipping Charge
$5

Shipping Services
USPS

Accepted Payment Types
Check/Money Order

Return Policy & Additional Details
3 day return policy. Selling price (but not shipping) refunded if not 100% satisfied. Buyer pays return shipping.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

05-25-2010, 07:36 PM   #2

Feedback Score: 4 (100%)
Because I'm not too knowledgeable on stuff like teles, I've a question; before I can use this with a 50mm f1.2 Pentax lens, I need to purchase an adaptor?

Hm,,...
05-26-2010, 11:15 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 104 (98%)
Original Poster
No. This is a Tamron Adaptall/Adaptall2 teleconverter.

If you are unfamiliar with them, the Adaptall system allowed you to buy a Tamron Adaptall lens and get whatever mount to fit your system. So, let's say you already have a Tamron lens and mount to fit your system. To use this, you would simply remove the mount from the lens and put it on the TC. The TC and Tamron lens fit together (no mount between them).

That's a long way of saying that the only K-mount part is the adaptall mount itself. (There is not a corresponding k-mount receptor on the front of the TC).

Clear as mud?