Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-07-2010, 10:33 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 14 (100%)
[SOLD] smc Pentax DA 16-45 f/4 ED AL zoom lens (US)

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
smc Pentax DA 16-45 f/4 ED AL zoom lens

Asking Price
$250 US

Item Location
Dallas, Texas (USA)

Item Description
One of my all-time favorite zooms and one of the first really good lenses I purchased a couple of years ago: the smc Pentax DA 16-45 f/4 lens. This is the lens Pentax ought to include as its kit lens.

Lens is used—I've used it for a couple of weddings, for a number of portraits, and for some outdoor photography— but I am very careful with my equipment and the lens is in excellent, almost like-new, condition. The lens is being sold with the hood, end cap, and the original box and its contents (see picture).

One small caveat. This lens has a quirk: The barrel extends (gets longer) as you zoom OUT. In other words, the lens is longest at 16mm, and shortest at 45mm. I always thought this was very odd, but it has no effect on the use of the lens or the excellent quality of the photos.

This lens is listed new today (6-7-2010) at Amazon.com for $345, and used for $290. It's listed new today at B&H Photo for $389. I'm asking $250 + shipping.

Special offer: Buy the lens AND my *ist DS

I have also just listed my like-new Pentax *ist DS for sale here in this forum.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/photographic-equipment-sale/103709-sale-p...camera-us.html

I hope to make more if I sell the items separately, but I would be delighted to sell the camera body and the lens to the same buyer for $400.

A few photos

Here is a link to a handful of photos taken with this lens.

20100607 Pentax DA 16-45 f/4 for sale

Please note that this link may break after the lens is sold.

Questions? Please ask!

If you have any questions about the lens, please just ask here, send me a private message, or email me directly (wp at william-porter dot net).

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
United States

Shipping Charge
$20

Shipping Services
US Postal Service

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
Return accepted within three days of buyer's receiving item. Buyer must pay for return shipping via US Postal Service and purchase insurance. To save yourself and me some time and money, please ask questions beforehand so you feel confident making your purchase.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Attached Images

06-14-2010, 02:09 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 20 (100%)
You say: One small caveat. This lens has a quirk: The barrel extends (gets longer) as you zoom OUT, the lens is longest at 16mm, and shortest at 45mm
I think all 16-45s behave like this; this is not special for your lens. Am I wrong?
06-14-2010, 06:33 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 14 (100%)
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by fgpinarli Quote
You say: One small caveat. This lens has a quirk: The barrel extends (gets longer) as you zoom OUT, the lens is longest at 16mm, and shortest at 45mm
I think all 16-45s behave like this; this is not special for your lens. Am I wrong?
No, you are not wrong. All 16-45's behave like this. I didn't mean it's a quirk of my particular copy of the lens, but rather that it's a quirk of the lens. I think there are a few other lenses that work this way, too, but the majority of the zooms I've used work the other way. I often work with 2 cameras around my neck, and when I was using zooms regularly, I remember feeling some slight awkwardness switching from this lens to the other because of the difference in the zoom rotation. Not a big problem at all, though. I just wanted a potential buyer who's not familiar with this lens to be aware of it in advance.

Will