Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-06-2007, 09:26 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 19 (100%)
[SOLD] FS: Bogen/Manfrotto "Maxi" Ball Head

SALE PENDING

I have a Bogen/Manfrotto 3055 "Maxi" medium duty ball head for sale. This head includes a sturdy cast aluminum housing and mount, a large Delrin ball, and the RC 0 hexagonal quick release system. It has separate locking levers for the ball position and for the panning base. It will support up to 17 lbs and is extremely sturdy and reliable in use. There is no movement or droop at all as the ball is locked with my heaviest camera/lens combination. The RC 0 system allows you to lock the plate to the head to prevent accidental unmounting, but still allows instant removal of the camera when desired. It mounts to a tripod with the standard 3/8" bolt on the tripod. If your tripod has a 1/4" bolt, then a simple adapter (3/8" to 1/4" reduction bushing) will allow you to mount the head properly on the tripod. The adapter is $2 at B&H and may also be available at your local camera store. Here's a link:

General Brand 3/8" to 1/4"-20 Tripod Reducer Bushing

This model is no longer sold. The closest model in the current line-up is the 488RC0 head that sells for $107 from B&H (which has some added features, but is similar in size, weight and function to the 3055).

The head is used but in excellent condition, with some very minor paint loss in a few locations (see photos below). Included are TWO quick release plates: one plate with an "anti-twist" thumbscrew attachment, and the other with the flat bottom slotted screw attachment (with a slot large enough to use a coin). These two plates by themselves sell for $39.50 at B&H.

The price for the head and two plates is $50 or best offer.

Shipping to the U.S., Canada, Australia and Western Europe only. Buyer to pay shipping. The total shipping weight is 3 lbs. I can ship either U. S. Postal Service Priority Mail (insurance required or U. P. S.). I will also ship to foreign countries (outside the U.S.) but you will need to pay for the actual shipping cost for 3 lbs (insured) plus $10 for handling to cover my time standing in line at the post office and filling out 5 copies of the customs forms. I will charge actual shipping cost so please contact me before paying so that we are in agreement on the price and method. You can use the on-line tools from the Post Office and U.P.S. to calculate shipping 3 lbs from San Diego, California (92110) to your location.

Payment by PayPal (preferred) or by cashier's check/money order. If the item does not exactly match the description then I will refund your money, but otherwise all sales are final. You must contact me within three days of delivery if there is any problem. I have 100% positive feedback here and on eBay (user: garyml1) so buy with confidence.

Please send me a Private Message if you are interested.

Here are some photos of the actual product for sale:

Last edited by GaryML; 08-10-2007 at 01:46 PM. Reason: Sale Pending
08-07-2007, 07:54 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 19 (100%)
Original Poster
Price Reduction

Price reduced to $50.
08-08-2007, 12:00 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 6 (100%)
Pm Sent.

PM Sent.

-E
08-08-2007, 01:23 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 6 (100%)
I decided not to buy the ball head so it's still available. The decision had nothing to do with gary or what he's selling.

But, for someone who is interested, I've bought from Gary before with no problems. Buy with confidence.

08-09-2007, 06:50 AM   #5
Inactive Account

Feedback Score: 4 (100%)
PM Sent.

Regards

Giorgos