Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-08-2010, 01:23 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 34 (100%)
[SOLD] Pentax K10D Body (not fully working) (US)

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Pentax K10D Body (not fully working)

Asking Price
USD$92 (net)

Item Location
Salt Lake City

Item Description
Here is the post I had before. Try to sell the item again.

Why: My beloved K10D is no longer working. It turns on but shutter fires when you touch any buttons on the camera. It still reads CF cards and all other functions seem to work. I am not sure how many shutter actuations are there. But I guess the number is over 50,000. I have installed the debugging program to allow the camera to adjust focus. I normally dial in about 150mu on this camera. It works perfectly for most lenses that I own.

I am the third owner. I have loved the camera. I love the color rending on skin over my K-x under certain circumstances. I would not part it if there is a way to fix it. I have sent it to a local camera shop (forester camera shop) to check up. They told me that I have to sent the body to Pentax for a proper repair.

Condition: the body has been well and lovingly used (you can say rigorously). There are dents on the top, side, and bottom. While nothing appears very serious to me, they are there and I do not want to sugar-coat the problems. There are no strong marks on the LCD screen.

In the last two months, the shutter started to fire twice for each shot. In the last week, it fired repeatedly without taking any shots. I suspect that there may be some mechanical parts need to be lubricated or aligned. It may be an easy fix for those who know how.

Included accessories: 3 batteries (one Pentax original and two Minolta ones). The two Minolta ones (NP400) were recently purchased from B&H which have been charged for less than 30 times (my honest guess). The three batteries along would set you back by at least $75 if bought new Pentax | D-L150 Rechargeable Li-Ion Battery f/ Pentax | 39581. Original charger and generic front cap included. Also the video and photo cables... Original packaging container with a used manual also included.

No software is included. I lost the disk but should be able to get you a copy if you really really want it. I have never used the Pentax software.

Priority will be given to US buyers first.

IF TRADE: DA 15mm or Pentax K series manual lenses (details to be discussed)

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling or Trading

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Damaged

Shipping Destinations
United States

Shipping Charge
Actual Cost

Shipping Services
USPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
No returns please.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by yyyzzz; 06-09-2010 at 12:18 AM. Reason: Lower price
06-09-2010, 12:19 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Original Poster
price lowered

price lowered
06-09-2010, 02:44 AM   #3
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Feedback Score: 117 (100%)
This works for me. PM sent
06-09-2010, 03:11 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
replied

So much to read from Peter's blog... Learned a lot too. Thanks.