PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Pentax FA* 80-200mm f2.8

Asking Price
$1550 (Firm)

Item Location
Dayton, OH

Item Description
The lens description and images here, I've used it a few times since then.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/sold-items/103761-sale-%5Bsold%5D-pentax-...m-f2-8-us.html

It's an incredible lens, but I can't justify the $ when I already have the 135/2.8 and Sigma 100-300 F4 and wouldn't use it much.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
United States

Shipping Charge
included for conus

Shipping Services
USPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
Only if the item is not as described.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by pcarfan; 09-02-2010 at 05:44 PM.
06-16-2010, 04:35 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 39 (100%)
Original Poster

Last edited by pcarfan; 06-17-2010 at 02:48 AM.
06-17-2010, 02:49 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Now $1600 including paypal fee and postage within conUSA

Last edited by pcarfan; 06-24-2010 at 02:47 AM.
06-17-2010, 02:42 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 16 (100%)
In fact is a excelente lens.
I want that lens so badly, but donīt have the money now

06-18-2010, 04:40 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 6 (100%)
Wanna know what's worse? I have the money and I want it, but I cannot buy it because of the outrageous import duties from the USA
06-18-2010, 04:57 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pspentax Quote
In fact is a excelente lens.
I want that lens so badly, but donīt have the money now
I know most Pentaxians lust for this lens, and from the pm's I've got it is the finances at the moment that is holding them back.

I will leave it here until someone is ready to pull the trigger - may update for trade if I get a severe case of LBA for another lens

QuoteOriginally posted by Asahiflex Quote
Wanna know what's worse? I have the money and I want it, but I cannot buy it because of the outrageous import duties from the USA
Man! you are on a lens buying binge lately
06-18-2010, 05:03 AM   #7
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by pcarfan Quote
Man! you are on a lens buying binge lately
Yup! I got the FA* taste and I never mind the weight of a lens (I'm used to lug heavy lenses around).

Of course, I also have no deep pockets, but it certainly helps to sell off many lenses I never used.

Ayway, I wish you much luck with the sale. The right buyer is certainly out there. I'd rather have one FA* 80-200 than two Sigma 70-200/2.8's
06-18-2010, 02:45 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Asahiflex Quote
Yup! I got the FA* taste and I never mind the weight of a lens (I'm used to lug heavy lenses around).

Of course, I also have no deep pockets, but it certainly helps to sell off many lenses I never used.

Ayway, I wish you much luck with the sale. The right buyer is certainly out there. I'd rather have one FA* 80-200 than two Sigma 70-200/2.8's
I absolutley agree with you on the FA* vs sigma/Tamron. FA*'s are awesome lenses, I am keeping my 28-70 (sold the Tamron 28-75 after comparing the two), I love the 80-200, but I just don't see myself using it much.

I don't go to sporting events or anyplace that would require a fast 200. But, I am in no hurry to sell this, as I really don't know what to get next. After seeing your photos and others the DA 55/1.4 is mighty tempting

P.S: Are you using the Asahi-Kogaku 50/3.5 mutch lately ?, I feel like it was an honor to have owned that lens for a while (just couldn't use it properly in MF so sold it), but wow! what an experience that was to use the oldest Asahi lens on the newest Pentax DSLR - some of the many pleasures of Pentax owndership.

Last edited by pcarfan; 06-18-2010 at 02:50 PM.
07-07-2010, 11:14 PM   #9
Pentaxian

Free kick for a lens that deserves to be sold to a new user!

FYI, Pcarfan: I just got myself one locally

QuoteOriginally posted by pcarfan Quote
I don't go to sporting events or anyplace that would require a fast 200. But, I am in no hurry to sell this, as I really don't know what to get next. After seeing your photos and others the DA 55/1.4 is mighty tempting
I agree, the DA* 55 is a great lens. I don't really compare it to the FA* 85 although it's meant to be the spiritual successor. But it's definitely sharper and more contrasty than the F/FA 50/1.4.

QuoteQuote:
P.S: Are you using the Asahi-Kogaku 50/3.5 mutch lately ?, I feel like it was an honor to have owned that lens for a while (just couldn't use it properly in MF so sold it), but wow! what an experience that was to use the oldest Asahi lens on the newest Pentax DSLR - some of the many pleasures of Pentax owndership.
I haven't, but you got me thinking to use it again.
07-08-2010, 02:15 AM   #10

Feedback Score: 11 (100%)
dont think it needs a bump ....

according to the lens description it sold ...
07-08-2010, 02:33 AM   #11
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by David Glazebrook Quote
dont think it needs a bump ....

according to the lens description it sold ...
No, Pcarfan was just linking to the original selling thread of his lens...
07-17-2010, 05:26 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
It is still available...price reduced to $1550 to me which includes shipping to conus.

P.S: Had to change the price.

Last edited by pcarfan; 09-02-2010 at 05:46 PM.
07-17-2010, 10:00 AM   #13
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 21 (100%)
Though mine is being used at the Cadet and Junior Nationals wrestling tourney this week (shockingly publishable sports shots from a monopod), my primary love for this lens is as a landscape extraction lens shooting from an oversized tripod.

Selecting a portion of a hillside, a segment of a lakeshore, a portion of a wildflower field, a part of a rocky cliff or shots from typical tourist overlooks--this lens really excells! Any "no sky" Porteresque intimate landscape composition seems to fit this lens very well. Great for those cliche waterfall shots that we all seem to collect. Also does really fine macro work (when traveling light without a dedicated macro lens) paired with Canon's APO close-up lense--D500 I think?

Once you experience the colors rendered by an FA* lens everything else just isn't quite there.

For those aspiring to sell their images, note that editors LOVE the shots that come out of this gem of a lens.

Unbelievable that this is still available. Do yourself a BIG FAVOR and buy this lens!
07-17-2010, 06:16 PM   #14
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 20 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by Ron Boggs Quote
Though mine is being used at the Cadet and Junior Nationals wrestling tourney this week (shockingly publishable sports shots from a monopod), my primary love for this lens is as a landscape extraction lens shooting from an oversized tripod.

Selecting a portion of a hillside, a segment of a lakeshore, a portion of a wildflower field, a part of a rocky cliff or shots from typical tourist overlooks--this lens really excells! Any "no sky" Porteresque intimate landscape composition seems to fit this lens very well. Great for those cliche waterfall shots that we all seem to collect. Also does really fine macro work (when traveling light without a dedicated macro lens) paired with Canon's APO close-up lense--D500 I think?

Once you experience the colors rendered by an FA* lens everything else just isn't quite there.

For those aspiring to sell their images, note that editors LOVE the shots that come out of this gem of a lens.

Unbelievable that this is still available. Do yourself a BIG FAVOR and buy this lens!
Ron, how ya' been doing? Gotta agree with you 100%. The FA* lenses produce jaw-dropping images and this lens is one of the best. Internal zoom, internal focus, stunning rendering.
-George
07-17-2010, 07:29 PM   #15
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 149 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by Ron Boggs Quote

Never really sold any photo by this lens yes, but I totally agree w/ what Ron said here. It's the best zoom lens I've have had.