PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Pentax 85mm f:1.8 Super-Multi-Coated Takumar M42 screwmount lens

Asking Price
$320

Item Location
Brooklyn, New York

Item Description
I have an excellent copy of a Pentax 85mm f:1.8 Super-Multi-Coated Takumar M42 screwmount lens up for sale. It's in excellent condition optically (no fungus, scratches, etc.), mechanically (buttery smooth focusing & aperture action with no play or glitches in the movement, snappy blade action), & cosmetically (except for the fact that a previous owner has lightly inscribed a serial number onto the lens barrel). I should also mention the fact that the lens hood/filter ring is a bit finicky, requiring more attention to obtaining a proper fit than some of my other Taks. A related matter is the loss of paint on a couple of inner filter ring threads, apparently due to the extra friction required to attach a filter or hood. (if not for this fact & the inscribed serial number on the barrel, in fact, I would be asking for another $50 or $60 for this lens).
The only reason I am considering selling this lens is that it is one of a number of duplicate lenses in my M42 collection that I am liquidating. This lens has been on & off the auction block a few times over the past year or so, as I decide to sell it one day, only to change my mind a couple of days later. It's one of those soulful lenses that is a delight to use, The only reason I'm holding onto my other "duplicate" 85 instead of this one is the fact that it's a relatively rare S-M-C f:1.9 transition model in mint condition..... this is the one I've been using for my real world shooting. It's a tough decision to let this one go, but I can't afford, in this economy, to have a collection on superfluous equipment gathering dust unused in my closet.
Anyway, I also have the original metal hood, along with front & rear caps. The price will be $320, USPS Priority Insured shipping included...... Regards, Mark

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
New
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
Other (Elaborate Below)

Shipping Charge
Included

Shipping Services
USPS Priority Insured

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!