Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-20-2010, 05:24 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 30 (100%)
[SOLD] Vivitar 2x Marco Focusing Teleconverter P/K (Worldwide)

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Vivitar 2x Macro Focusing Teleconverter P/K

Asking Price
US$70 + shipping

Item Location
Halifax, Nova Scotia

Item Description
Very useful and rare 2x macro teleconverter. Fully MF and AF as this is the P/K (not A) variant. I did not need A metering because with the 080 ring flash and M lenses metering and focusing is completely manual anyway.

It will convert your 50mm or other lens with an aperture ring to a macro lens. Magnification is variable, from 1:1 to 1:3.

Glass is excellent, no haze, fungus, dust (that I can see) or scratches. Zoom is smooth. Body shows limited signs of wear. The whole unit is solid. Caps for both ends. Made in Japan.

Since I picked up a Tamron 90 Macro, I don't need this anymore, so that's the reason for selling. Looking for a good home.

The sample photo taken with the teleconverter is of a child's birthday hat with a 50mm about 1:2.5

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
Actual cost

Shipping Services
Canada Post (insured)

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
Return if damaged.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by Aristophanes; 06-24-2010 at 05:45 PM. Reason: Wal-marted the price.
06-22-2010, 02:17 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Original Poster
ba da bump ditty bump
06-22-2010, 02:54 PM   #3

Feedback Score: 11 (100%)
I too have a Tamrom 90mm Macro. What would be the result if you attached this TC to your Tamron?

Thanks,

David
06-22-2010, 05:39 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by David Glazebrook Quote
I too have a Tamrom 90mm Macro. What would be the result if you attached this TC to your Tamron?

Thanks,

David
It's a magnifier with glass elements, so you get 1.x to 2.x magnification on top of the Tamron. You lose maybe a stop of light or more, so flash or good lighting is necessary (no more than most other macro work with extension tubes or a bellows). The Vivitar is a solid piece of equipment. The lens and the teleconverter paired feel like a single, long lens. I only ever used it as a macro device and that appears to be its design intent. The helicoid and elements are deeply recessed so are neatly away from possible damage.

As you can see below, it's over 2:1 magnification together. I only shoot more than 1:1 with the bellows and enlarging lens stationary at home, not in the field. So I just don't need it.

Threads about this unit:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/104232-vivitar...large-img.html

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/27163-vivitar-...ve-thread.html

Examples I shot with the Tamron 90 about 10 inches from the subject (front of lens) and 6 inches (front of lens plus teleconverter); shot with a basic table lamp, non-moving subject, quick set-up, and max. extension:

06-24-2010, 05:44 PM   #5
Site Supporter

Original Poster
PM replied.
06-25-2010, 03:39 PM   #6
Site Supporter

Original Poster
PM replied x2.

---------- Post added 06-25-2010 at 08:29 PM ----------

Sold.