Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-12-2010, 04:50 PM   #1
Forum Member

Feedback Score: 6 (100%)
[SOLD] FA Limited 31mm, 43mm, 77mm and Metz 48 AF-1 (US)

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
FA Limited 77mm

Asking Price
$625 (77mm)

Item Location
Bloomfield, NJ

Item Description
I haven't touched my Pentax system in quite some time, and have three nice lenses that have been sitting idle. Hopefully they can find a good home...

Pentax FA Limited 31mm f/1.8 (Silver) -- This is the only one of the lenses that is not new to me -- I bought it used on eBay in May, 2007. This is the silver version of the lens, and I'd rate it an 9 out of 10 cosmetically. There is a slight scratch on the cap (you can see it in the photo). Otherwise, the lens is very clean, what you would expect for a lens that has been used carefully, but used a lot -- glass is immaculate. I'll include two empty 58mm filter rings, which help protect against flare better than the lens's built-in hood. Includes leather pouch. Made in Japan. Asking $850.00. SOLD

Pentax FA Limited 43mm f/1.9 (Silver) -- I purchased this lens new in September, 2008 from eBay seller ProDigital2000 and have not used it that much at all -- as such, I'd rate it 9.5/10 cosmetically. Glass is perfect, and the lens is as sharp as they come. Includes box and leather pouch. Made in Japan. Asking $475.00. SOLD

Pentax FA Limited 77mm f/1.8 (Black) -- I purchased this lens new in June, 2007 from B&H Photo. It is the black version, and cosmetically it shows a bit more wear than the other lenses -- I'd rate it as an 8 out of 10. You can see scratches on the barrel and wear on the focusing ring. Optically the lens is pristine. Includes box and leather pouch. Made in Japan. Asking $625.

Metz 48 AF-1 Flash (Pentax version) -- I purchased this flash new in March, 2008. It's in great shape, sorry I haven't had a chance to photograph it yet -- I can take some photos if anyone needs to see them. It has velcro strips applied for the LumiQuest Pocket Bouncer accessory, which I'll include -- I haven't tried removing these strips, but they can be used to mount other LumiQuest accessories as well. Includes original box and manual. Asking $175. SOLD

I am shooting Leica now, so I would be open to trades of any M mount or LTM lenses. I am also planning on using the money from this sale to buy a Micro 4/3rds system, as I'd like a compact camera for telephoto work that can share lenses with my Leica.

I'd be willing to take an Olympus E-P2, Olympus E-PL1, or Olympus VF-2 (EVF for these cameras) towards these lenses in trade.

(I'll still keep my Pentax around, I am not completely jumping ship -- I just have a ton of manual focus glass that works perfectly fine for those times that I want to shoot with an APS-C DSLR or one of my KX film bodies)

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling or Trading

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Like New

Shipping Destinations
United States

Shipping Charge
Actual Shipping + Insurance

Shipping Services
FedEx, USPS, UPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal Check/Money Order

Return Policy & Additional Details
All sales are final. Anyone local to north Jersey/Manhattan is welcome to examine the lenses in person -- I work a normal day job, but am free weekends and evenings to meet.

Paypal is accepted, but I ask that buyers paying with a source that incurs fees adds the 3% to cover them. I will ship via FedEx, UPS, or USPS only -- with insurance required for each carrier. Buyer to pay actual shipping. I will accept US Postal Money Orders, but will not accept personal checks.

Prices are certainly negotiable, and if you want to buy the whole package we can work out a discounted price.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
M8 Digital Camera  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
M8 Digital Camera  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
M8 Digital Camera  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
M8 Digital Camera  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
M8 Digital Camera  Photo 

Last edited by jpfisher; 08-05-2010 at 07:20 AM. Reason: Dropping price on 77mm to $625
07-12-2010, 04:53 PM   #2
Forum Member

Original Poster
Five more images...
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
M8 Digital Camera  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
M8 Digital Camera  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
M8 Digital Camera  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
M8 Digital Camera  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
M8 Digital Camera  Photo 
07-12-2010, 04:54 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 13 (100%)
You Have a PM
07-12-2010, 05:15 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 27 (100%)
PM sent on the 31mm

07-12-2010, 09:47 PM   #5

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
PM sent on the 43mm
07-13-2010, 06:53 AM   #6
Inactive Account

Feedback Score: 1 (100%)
pm sent for 43mm thz
07-13-2010, 08:12 AM   #7
Forum Member

Original Poster
31mm is pending, other items still available. Knocking down the price on the 77mm - realized that I came in a bit high on that.

Please note, shipping is to the US only -- I'm not willing to ship internationally at this time.

07-23-2010, 09:21 AM   #8
Forum Member

Original Poster
Bumping... reduced the prices on the 77mm (from $725 to $700) and 43mm (from $500 to $475) -- 31mm is still pending.
07-23-2010, 05:22 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 39 (100%)
So, what other system had made you almost forget these three Pentax limiteds?, I am really curious.
07-23-2010, 06:39 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 105 (100%)
OP says he's shooting Leica.
07-24-2010, 10:56 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 39 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by deadwolfbones Quote
OP says he's shooting Leica.
I should have read the whole thread ......Leica...yummy!
07-24-2010, 07:25 PM   #12
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pcarfan Quote
So, what other system had made you almost forget these three Pentax limiteds?, I am really curious.
Leica. I'm shooting with an M8 (digital), an M3 (35mm) and a CL (35mm)... have a 21mm f/3.4, 35mm f/1.4, 50mm f/2, 90mm f/2, and 90mm f/4 -- all Leica glass, and a 15mm f/4.5 Voigtlander. I could never get used to manually focusing with the K10D -- much easier for me to use the rangefinder... and I never was a zoom lens guy to begin with, so it all made sense to me, so to speak, to go the rangefinder route.

77mm is still available and the 31mm is pending, but may be available again -- having a hard time getting in touch with the interested buyer.
07-27-2010, 10:58 AM   #13
Forum Member

Original Poster
The buyer for the 31mm decided to back out, so that lens is once again available.

I've had a lot of inquiries about international shipping, and would really like to keep things domestic for now -- USPS doesn't offer delivery confirmation for international shipping, and from what I can tell, FedEx wants an exorbinant amount to ship overseas.

If you're local to north NJ and would like to pick up and pay cash you have the added benefit of getting to test the item before purchasing, and I'll have some more wiggle room with the asking price.
07-27-2010, 11:32 AM   #14
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 34 (100%)
Better?!

Just curious.

Are Leica glasses better than the limited in terms of image resolution and quality?

I have never used Leica and perhaps will never do. Just would like to get an idea and see whether it is something to be dreamed of.
07-27-2010, 12:10 PM   #15
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
Are Leica glasses better than the limited in terms of image resolution and quality?

I have never used Leica and perhaps will never do. Just would like to get an idea and see whether it is something to be dreamed of.
"Better" depends on the lens and what you ask it to do. I have a 35mm f/1.4 Leica that is sharper wide open than the 31mm FA Limited -- and its' much smaller due to the lack of a mirror box in a rangefinder. On the other hand, it will never autofocus. Framing is never entirely precise with a rangefinder, and it's not a good system for macro or telephoto work.

The 43mm (sold, currently traveling to a new owner by way of USPS), on the other hand, is tack sharp wide open, and extremely compact for an SLR lens -- it's a bit wider than the 50mm f/2 I have for my Leicas. Pentax even made the lens in a Leica mount.

I don't have a 75mm for the Leica, but my closest lens to the FA 77 is a 90mm f/2 -- it's bigger and heavier than the Pentax lens. You can get a newer 90mm f/2 from Leica that is a bit more compact. I thought about holding on to it, but my old 1970s-era K 85mm f/1.8 is good enough for my purposes if I'm shooting with an SLR.