Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-01-2010, 07:33 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 5 (100%)
[SOLD] SLIK PRO 330DX Tripod (Black Finish) + SLIK SH-705E 3-Way Pan Head (with Bag)

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
SLIK PRO 330DX Tripod (Black Finish) + SLIK SH-705E 3-Way Pan Head (with Bag)

Asking Price
$100.00 (CDN)

Item Location
Niagara, ON Canada

Item Description
I have for sale a SLIK PRO 330DX tripod. I'm located in Grimsby, but work throughout the Niagara Region and can also meet in Hamilton, Burlington or Mississiuga.

This is SLIK’s portable professional grade tripod comparable to the Manfrotto 190 series. It is constructed of an Aluminum, Magnesium and Titanium alloy and is quite light. It has a rapid centre column and comes with the SH-705E 3-Way Pan Head.

This tripod is overkill for a point and shoot, but works great with a light to medium DSLR with a moderate weight lens. It is rated for 8 pounds and I’ve put a large gripped body (K20d/d300/50d) and a heavy lens (5.3lbs total) and flash on it without issue.

The legs fold almost horizontal to allow very low shots and it excels at macro photos; the head is removable and has a standard 1/4" thread. The legs have nice quick release flaps and operate quickly.

SLIK’s Canadian distributor is excellent. I had the head’s locking key break when I tried to remove it, and the distributor sent me a replacement key without any fuss or even asking for any information.

I’ve added a hook to the bottom of the centre column that allows you to hang a bag off it with a quick clip. This improves the stability of the tripod if you have a heavy camera and lens attached (see photo).

There is also a SLIK bag, though the zipper is broken and it doesn’t close all the way; not that it is a concern, most camera bags have a spot for a tripod. I’ve owned the tripod for about 3 years, and I think this one has been replaced with a new model (the 340DX that Henry’s sells for $149).

The following is taken from SLIKS website:

Max Height: 63.0 in. / 1,600 mm
Min Height: 20.07 in. / 510 mm
Folded Length: 23.6 in. / 600 mm
Weight: 3.46 lbs. / 1,570 grams
Number of Leg Sections: 3
Max Load: 8.8 lbs. / 4,000 grams

Slik SH-705E Medium-Duty 3-Way Pan Tripod Head with Quick Release, Capacity: 9.9 lbs.

Max Load Capacity: 9.9 lbs. (4kgs)
Weight: 1.12 lb

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Like New

Shipping Destinations
Canada Only

Shipping Charge
Local Only for Now

Shipping Services
Local Only For Now

Accepted Payment Types
Other (Elaborate)

Return Policy & Additional Details
Local Pickup Only for Now. Shipping would be very expensive as Canada Post is garbage.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Attached Images

08-02-2010, 12:38 PM   #2

Feedback Score: 4 (100%)
How tall are you and how comfortable have you found the tripod to be for you?
08-03-2010, 01:27 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 5 (100%)
Original Poster
I'm 6'-1" and never had any issues with it. I only replaced it because I've gotten more and more into macro photography and I wanted something that could get closer to the ground and do some funky angles.

Even for macros it wasn't bad, just not as good as a dedicated macro tripod.
08-04-2010, 07:30 PM   #4

Feedback Score: 4 (100%)
I'm 6'3", and DO want!

Hmmm.. PM inbound.

09-11-2010, 05:10 PM   #5

Feedback Score: 10 (100%)
PM Sent