[SOLD] Pentax LX, CLA'd (Worldwide)

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Pentax LX, CLA'd

Asking Price

Item Location
Stockholm, Sweden

Item Description
I've sold all the lenses so I'm putting this up for what's left. Or rather, the only thing left! Please note that the price now includes shipping (worth ~$38 USD). It also includes PayPal fees, if any. European buyers can also pay using bank transfer. Or, if you're in Stockholm, you can come and pick the camera up in person.

Note: I'm fairly new here but I've bought and sold plenty of things on Rangefinderforum.com (andersju) during the past five years with a perfect track record and I've also been on eBay (andm1n) for nearly a decade. PM me on either site to verify.

Pentax LX: Oh, this is beauty. Certainly not cosmetically perfect, but still a beauty. My favorite type of camera: used but not abused - so you're not afraid to use it more. Two very minor prism dents (doesn't affect viewing), minor brassing, some scuffs and lots of scratches on the base plate. Minor other marks in other places - see the pictures.

The leatherette is starting to come loose in a couple of places on the back cover, but it hasn't gotten any worse during the time I've had it and you can easily recover it yourself with new leather (from cameraleather.com or similar). Overall, however, I think it looks really nice - these cameras are meant to be used and I like that it shows.

Anyway, most important - it works GREAT. I've only bought the camera earlier this year but I've shot plenty of rolls with no problems at all. The guy I bought it from wrote fhe following:

"I had Eric H (THE Pentax repair guy) do a CLA - Clean Lube Adjust - and replace the light seals, mirror bumper and mirror stops. He also aligned the mirror angle (for proper focusing). Camera is in outstanding working order. The meter and shutter speeds were calibrated and checked, hot shoe works, self-timer works, mirror lock-up, depth of field preview, film advance and rewind - it all works as it should."

Comes with the FA-1 finder, the standard SC-21 viewing screen, Pentax grip and a strap. A little dust in the finder, as always, but the finder is really nice and bright. I will also include fresh batteries and a plastic body cap. $400 including int'l insured shipping.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Good

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
Included!

Shipping Services
Swedish Posten

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal Other (Elaborate)

Return Policy & Additional Details
Return accepted if I have inaccurately described the camera.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

08-16-2010, 07:46 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 1 (100%)
Hi,

You didn't indicate the currency, are you speaking about dollars, euros or swedish krona ?

Given that you get about 10 krona for 1 euro, I guess that you are speaking about either dollar or euro, but depending on the currency, that makes quite a difference.