Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-20-2010, 10:15 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Feedback Score: 40 (100%)
[SOLD] Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8 Generation 1 (US/CAN)

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8 Generation 1

Asking Price
670.00 Shipped

Item Location
Connecticut

Item Description
Generation 1 Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8.

To be clear, this is a non-DG, non-HSM lens. For the uninitiated, please see: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/95959-how-much...ket-place.html

This is a very highly regarded version of this lens in Keh condition "EX"

"Excellent" 80-89% of original condition. Shows moderate wear. May have small dents and/or dings and slight finish wear. Glass may have slight marks and/or blemishes that will not affect picture quality*.

I personally think it exceeds 89%, but I'll leave it at that.

It has a small imperfection in the coating of the front element that does not effect Image Quality. I got it this way. The picture of the front element does depict this. You can see it close to the center line - it looks like a faint piece of dust. It has had a filter covering it ever since I got it. The only other "blemish" that I can discern realistically is some scratching on the hood. These are visible in the photos of the hood. I am not sure what accounts for this wear. it did not come from me, but it is NOT consistent with the rest of the body which is in ex to ex+ condition.

The hood fits well and is in good condition. The lens operates flawlessly and is a very good copy. It lives up to its reputation as a real winner in this line. The tripod mount is present, as are the caps. Additionally, this lens comes with a proper-fitting Lowepro lens case as opposed to the original case. This really is an upgrade.

I shoot more wide than telephoto. I just do not use this enough, and want to expand my horizons in the wider focal lengths.

Please feel free to ask question. I undoubtedly have left something out.

Photos to follow tonight. Thanks for looking.

woof

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
North America

Shipping Charge
Included

Shipping Services
USPS Flat Rate, Delivery Reciept, Insured

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal Other (Elaborate)

Return Policy & Additional Details
Ship: Will ship to some non-North American locations. Please inquire, as postage will prorated to your location.

Return: Seven (7) days, return postage the responsibility of buyer if item as described and not DOA. To be returned in the condition in which it was shipped.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Samples... I really purchased this for a wedding, and I shot it last month. The results were very good, but I really do not want to put those pictures up on the web. So I'll share some kid's baseball photos I took with this lens. Granted, I am not a sports photographer, and in some of these shots SR did not engage before I pulled the trigger, but I think this pretty well shows what this lens can do given the focal lengths, the lighting, f-stops and the camera - a K10D. ABSOLUTELY NO POST PROCESSING HAS BEEN DONE ON THESE PHOTOS BEYOND ROTATION.

200mm, f/4.5 at 1/1000th, ISO 400 stabilized

180mm, f/4.5 at 1/800th, ISO 400 stabilized

160mm, f/5 at 1/800th ISO 640 stabilized

135mm, f/5 at 1/800th, ISO 640 NOT stabilized

135mm, f/4 at 1/800th, ISO 640 stabilized

70mm f/4 at 1/1250th, ISO 640 NOT stabilized

Thanks again.

woof!

Last edited by woof; 08-20-2010 at 08:53 PM.
08-20-2010, 10:31 AM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 13 (93%)
PM sent
08-20-2010, 07:52 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Feedback Score: 40 (100%)
Original Poster
PMs Replied. Thanks.
08-21-2010, 04:20 AM   #4
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Feedback Score: 117 (100%)
This is as good as it gets in this range. I owned an FA*80-200mm f2.8 at the same time as this version of this lens. The sigma is superior. Yeah bold statement. but the lens is lighter, focuses faster and no worries about the power zoom failing. It's equal in sharpness and bokeh. For half the price, you get the best in class in this lens.

08-22-2010, 04:15 AM   #5

Feedback Score: 14 (100%)
PM sent
08-22-2010, 09:45 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 140 (100%)
Great lens - I have a copy and will never part with it.