Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-28-2010, 02:15 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 73 (100%)
[SOLD] K10D (with focusing problem), BG2 Grip, DA 18-55mm (Worldwide)

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
K10D (with focusing problem), BG2 Grip, DA 18-55mm

Asking Price
$290

Item Location
Portland, OR, USA

Item Description
Camera consistently focuses behind intended point of focus. I've tried it with many lenses and got the same result.

I think this can be fixed. I've come up with the following methods that might work:
(1) Send it to Pentax or a repair center. They will charge you something.
(2) Try the Russian cracked firmware that allows global focus adjust. I haven't tried this and I'm unwilling to do it, but you might be more brave than me.
(3) Just use MF lenses.

There are no further caveats here. Comes in original box, not all material present.
No USB cable. No AV cable (output to TV). Strap is missing the two square lugs, does not seem to affect anything. No CDs, no user manuals. No bottom plug to K10D.
• Shutter Count: 7239 (reported by exiftool)
• Two batteries (one Pentax, one 3rd party)
• Charger
• kit lens (DA 18-55 AL) in original box
• BG2 grip and extra battery without box. No translucent plastic terminal cover.

The price is firm. If it doesn't sell this weekend I will return to original owner, who has agreed to this resale thread and has been helpful and responsive so far.

I think the price is killer with all the stuff, and an enterprising risk-taker might be able to make out really well here (especially if the Russian firmware fixes the problem).

The following link shows how far back it focuses. Each filename describes what object was focuses-on. The pictures are small, but you can clearly see how far back it focuses, especially on the wide-aperture lenses.
https://files.me.com/richmonds/uo29ld

Thanks for looking.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Damaged

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
Included to CONUSA

Shipping Services
USPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
As is.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!