Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-30-2010, 06:59 PM   #1

Feedback Score: 21 (100%)
[SOLD] SMC Takumar 50mm 1.4 / Pentax-A 50mm 1.7 / Pentax-M 50mm 1.4 (US)

All items listed below are used and in used condition.
Individual conditions details are listed under each item.

I am not the original owner of any of these items.

SMC TAKUMAR 1:1.4/50mm - $140 SOLD

This is a magnificent M42 mount lens. It is very sharp plus it renders wonderful colors and contrast. It is built like an absolute tank and is in Very Good - Excellent Condition. The glass is spotless. No scratches, fungus, haze, or yellowing commonly found on this era of lens. For the sake of declaration, there are a few dust particles but nothing that affects the image in any way, shape, or form. Everything works perfectly on the lens and the aperture blades are snappy as can be. The only brassing on the exterior of the lens is very slightly on the mounting threads (obviously, its a screw mount!) and 2 tiny little spots on the ridges of the aperture ring (so small it is hard to notice or photograph). There is 1 tiny little spot of paint loss on the outer edge of the filter ring (less than 1mm that is not visible when a filter is on the lens). I just wanted to be thorough so you know exactly what you are getting. I have owned a few copies of this lens and this is by far the nicest one I have owned and has produced some of the best photos I own in this focal range. Can be used on ANY Pentax camera from the Spotmatics through the new Pentax DSLRs. I use it regularly on my K-x with incredible results. This lens can also be adapted to be used on 4/3, micro 4/3, Canon EOS, and other camera mounts. It truly is quite the universal mount. Comes with original front and rear lens caps.
Buy before Saturday, Sept 4th and receive a free Pentax M42 to K adapter for this to fit on your DSLR camera PLUS a Vernon M42 2x Teleconverter!

SMC Pentax-A 1:1.7 50mm - $90 SOLD

In my opinion, this lens is the best bargain in Pentax history. You get a lens that is fast, great in low-light, tack sharp, performs wonderfully with the A mount, is well built, and renders awesome photos. What more can you ask for... oh yeah, a great price too! This copy is in EXCELLENT condition. Not one mark on the body or glass. Numbering and lettering is bright and vivid. This lens essentially looks new. I can't even see any dust specks at all. Comes with original front and rear lens caps.

SMC Pentax-M 1:1.4 50mm - $75 SOLD

Another great lens for the money. This lens was my first 1.4 lens and has continued to blow my mind over and over again repeatedly with its shallow focus depths and beautiful bokeh. This lens sure can create some magic! Glass is in very good shape with no issues other than a few specks of dust. Body has little brassing around the aperture ring ridges and a few tiny paint loss spots on the edge of the filter ring (not visible with a filter on the lens). This lens captured some of my favorite macro photos in combination with a 2x macro teleconverter or with a reverse macro adapter. It works great with either one! Comes with original front and generic rear lens caps.

Please add $12 per transaction for shipping + handling.
Shipping will be provided by USPS Priority Mail (fully insured) and I will ship the item out within 24 hours of cleared payment via Paypal.
I would be happy to combine shipping for you if you want to buy more than 1 item.
I will also accept checks or money orders sent by mail.

I know I could probably get more money for these lenses if I sold them on eBay but I wanted to offer them here first and give PentaxForums members first pick and a little bit of a discount before I do that. One of the things I enjoy about this website is that I feel that most other members do things like that as well. It is also nice to know that you are buying from people who know the condition of what they are selling and will stand behind it. I offer a full refund (minus shipping) if the item is received not as described or damaged. Feel free to check out my marketplace feedback here : https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/feedback.php?u=23373

If you are not in the U.S. and are interested in buying any of these items,
please contact me by PM and let me know where you are located and we will see what we can work out.

THANKS FOR LOOKING!

Last edited by JP_Seattle; 09-03-2010 at 11:25 PM.
08-31-2010, 03:46 AM   #2
Forum Member

Feedback Score: 7 (100%)
Pm sent
08-31-2010, 11:40 AM   #3

Original Poster
All PMs responded to. International Sales pending on Pentax-A 50mm and Pentax-M 50mm lenses.

Last chance for any U.S. buyers..... Going once..... going twice....

M42 SMC Takumar 50mm 1.4 still available!
09-02-2010, 06:17 PM   #4

Original Poster
I am leaving town early Saturday and will be gone for a couple weeks.

The Pentax-M lens buyer has not paid yet so if you are interested in buying it and can make the payment via paypal by Saturday, please PM me. I will make you a good deal.

The SMC Takumar 50mm 1.4 is a beautiful lens that currently sells on eBay for $150-200+. I could really use the cash for my trip so I am offering a special price on it through the end of Friday (I have lowered the price $40 off the already discounted price). I am also going to throw in a Pentax M42 - K mount adapter so you can use this and all M42 lenses on your Pentax DSLR camera AND I have a Vernon brand M42 mount 2x Teleconverter that I will throw in for free as well. You really can't beat this deal for one of the sharpest, fastest, and most well-built lens in the Pentax arsenal. Get it now because I will be withdrawing it Saturday if it doesn't sell.