Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-15-2007, 11:06 PM   #46
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
He logged in and didn't even care to clarify this? That says it all.

I do remember him mentioning in a post that he wanted to buy more and more camera gear instead of paying off his college loans. Hmm...

09-16-2007, 02:52 AM   #47
Inactive Account

Feedback Score: 13 (100%)
Hopefully 'sunksss' and 'viridian' have both launched complaints through their credit card company, Paypal and local Law Enforcement agency. One avenue I didn't see discussed here is filing a USPS Mail Fraud complaint if he promised to mail the camera. I had a similar situation a few years back and had basically just written the whole thing off as my stupidity for being so trusting. However, I filed a complaint with the USPS since he did say he would mail the item to me. The US Fed's contacted me wanting all information including any email correspondence regarding this individual. Seems he had been scamming more than just me! Much to my surprise I received the item I purchased almost 6 months after I filed the complaint, so the system does work!

My humble advice is to move quickly and file complaints with any and all agencies that can possibly assist you. My advise to 'kingsofronin' is to do the honourable thing and send both individuals their money back and then pack your bags and leave here by sundown.

Failing that we can all head to Kentucky and do a major ass whupin' on this loser!
09-16-2007, 06:43 AM   #48
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 3 (100%)
Whats funny is in his blog he posts that he has a Pentax K10D not a K100D and that was since June of this year. Stupid kids and their ideas that they can become pro photogs just amaze me, but it's even more amazing that they can lie without even having a little remorse.

Good luck with this and it really hurts to see something like this in our marketplace that has been honest for such a long time.
09-16-2007, 07:28 AM   #49

Feedback Score: 6 (100%)
What he said . . .

I'll second Jeff's suggestion to get The Authorities involved.

USPS and a lot of local police forces take Internet based crime very seriously. Be prepared to provide them with copies of all correspondence and postings to help them pursue the case.

A lot of the people who do this are the type of cowards who would never attempt to con/defraud someone in person but will hide behind the anonymity offered by the Internet. They stupid enough to think they'll get away with it. Something about the prospect of having a criminal record can inspire some of these fools to change their behavior.

IMO, it's up to those of us who play by the rules to make the time to nail those who don't. It's a dirty job but makes for a better community all around. Kind of like getting rid of weeds . . .

my two lux worth . . .

09-16-2007, 01:12 PM   #50
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 2 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by vinzer Quote
He logged in and didn't even care to clarify this? That says it all.
Perhaps try contacting him at his myspace account or thru his MySpace friends?

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/post-your-photos/10744-unofficial-lets-se...html#post85950

His friend blogged him about this thread:
Myspace.com Blogs:shitsunami MySpace Blog
09-16-2007, 03:34 PM   #51
Veteran Member

He has logged in yet again without addressing this issue.
09-16-2007, 04:29 PM   #52
Veteran Member

Very sad indeed. Check your local area to see if there is a state agency that investigates online frauds. I would suggest the Attorney General for your state as well as the local police or sheriff's office. Also, contact the US Postal Inspection Service. I don't know if this would meet there parameters if it is isolated, but they could certainly do some checking. Truth be told, this kid is probably not smart enough to get away without leaving a trail. Then again, does anyone really know who he is. Depending on how savvy he is with web and such, it shouldn't be too hard to figure out who he is and where he lives. Good luck.
09-16-2007, 04:41 PM   #53
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 9 (100%)
I have sent a PM asking him to come to the thread and clarify the issue, although it may not do any good. For those two who have sent the money, I would gather all the information both of you have gotten from him and file a complaint with the FBI at http://www.ic3.gov/.

09-16-2007, 05:16 PM   #54

QuoteOriginally posted by song_hm Quote
Perhaps try contacting him at his myspace account or thru his MySpace friends?

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/post-your-photos/10744-unofficial-lets-se...html#post85950

His friend blogged him about this thread:
Myspace.com Blogs:shitsunami MySpace Blog

he deleted his friends comments.
09-16-2007, 06:25 PM   #55
Veteran Member

He has logged back in at least twice without trying to fix this.

He has deleted his friend's comments on his myspace account.

In other words....there is no way on earth he isn't aware what is going on. He deserves the full consequences, including jail time.
09-16-2007, 06:49 PM   #56
m8o
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Toshi Quote
I have sent a PM asking him to come to the thread and clarify the issue, although it may not do any good. For those two who have sent the money, I would gather all the information both of you have gotten from him and file a complaint with the FBI at http://www.ic3.gov/.
It's great to see moderator involvment. A suggestion. Could you make it so he is unable to delete or edit any of the old posts of his from the past (and if edited restore them?) ; at least until he adequately addresses and corrects the situation where he accepted payment from two different people? I suggest this because the bread-crumbs left may prove important to the identity of this person for use by our chief protagonists involved in this situation.
09-16-2007, 07:06 PM   #57
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 9 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by m8o Quote
It's great to see moderator involvment. A suggestion. Could you make it so he is unable to delete or edit any of the old posts of his from the past (and if edited restore them?) ; at least until he adequately addresses and corrects the situation where he accepted payment from two different people? I suggest this because the bread-crumbs left may prove important to the identity of this person for use by our chief protagonists involved in this situation.
I'm not sure if I have the power to restrict usage like that; however, I have informed Mo and asked him about it.
09-16-2007, 07:09 PM   #58
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Feedback Score: 34 (100%)
The only way to prevent any editing would be to close the thread and/or move it into a locked forum. I'll go ahead and do that, so please contact me via PM if anything new arises.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: