PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
F* 300mm F4.5

Asking Price
$845

Item Location
Cochranville PA

Item Description
Hello all - I am selling my Pentax F* 300mm F4.5. If you're interested in this lens, then no introduction needed. This is an amazing lens - legendary, rare, and surprisingly small. I am the second owner - used exclusively with my Pentax K-7 - with phenomenal results. Incredibly sharp from F4.5, fast autofocus, and pleasing bokeh. Great for wildlife, sports, or even (very) tight portraits.

I've actually held onto this for quite awhile after selling my K-7. Been shooting with the Sony A850 and just did not want to see this go!

It is in excellent condition. Built in hood works perfectly. The tripod mount is very tight and secure (most of the F* lenses are not as fortunate). Both Pentax lens caps are included, as is the original soft case. I'm also including in a B&W filter. The filter has been on since day 1 (or so I'm told). Autofocus is fast and accurate on my K-7. I'd rate the body as 8.5 out of 10. Hardly any signs of wear can be seen on the lens housing itself - the one side has a light scratch (see the image). The optics are exceptional as well, rating an 9 out of 10 in my opinion. The only thing worth noting is a spec of dust (or whatever) inside the lens (see the photo). I've never seen this affect any images, but do not want any surprises with a lens of this caliber. The glass is great.

No worries about failing SDM (like the newest DA* 300mm). Reliable, fast, and accurate screw drive focus here! Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks for looking.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
United States

Shipping Charge
$35 (or less)

Shipping Services
UPS insured

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal Check/Money Order

Return Policy & Additional Details
Please contact me within 72 hours if lens is not as described.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Attached Images

09-10-2010, 03:14 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 27 (100%)
Original Poster
Two more images....

Just showing the filter, as well as the soft case.
Attached Images

09-10-2010, 08:13 AM   #3

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
pm sent
09-10-2010, 09:10 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 27 (100%)
Original Poster
Sold pending payment.