Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-22-2010, 11:34 AM   #1
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 12 (100%)
[SOLD] Tamron 70-200mm f/2.8 Macro AF Lens (Worldwide)

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Tamron 70-200mm f/2.8 Macro AF Lens

Asking Price
$675

Item Location
Washington, DC

Item Description
Tamron SP AF 70-200mm F/2.8 Di LD (IF) Macro Lens - $675 (or trade for K-7)

I just purchased this lens off of eBay. It was part of a package deal that included a K-x and DA-L 55-300. I just wanted the K-x and 55-300 so I'm "contributing" this lens back to the community

As far as I can tell the lens has hardly been used. The hood was wrapped in its original plastic wrap and the lens body does not show any wear. The glass is clean and dust free (I'll verify this when I can look at the lens outdoors.) The only thing missing as far as I can tell is the box and paperwork.

The following are included with the lens:
- original front/rear lens caps
- original lens hood
- original padded carrying bag

I'd be willing to trade for a K-7 body.

More here: Tamron 70-200mm f/2.8 Samples

Here are some pictures taken with the lens. These are with the K-x, AWB, processed from RAW->JPEG in the camera, only PP is auto-contrast in Picasa. They're all at f/2.8:

More here: Tamron 70-200mm f/2.8 Samples

I'll have some some pictures of lens itself up shortly.

Thanks for looking!

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling or Trading

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
Included (US)

Shipping Services
USPS Priority

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
Will refund purchase price minus actual cost of shipping within a week if item is not as described. Refund will be issued after returned item is received by me.

Shipping insurance will be provided in the case there is damage during shipping.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by raybird; 09-23-2010 at 08:00 AM. Reason: Added samples taken with lens
09-22-2010, 06:48 PM   #2

Feedback Score: 4 (100%)
I'm interested, awaiting high res pics.
09-23-2010, 05:10 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 12 (100%)
Original Poster
Updated listing with pics of and taken with the lens.

I tried out the lens yesterday at my kids' soccer practice, and I must say I was pretty impressed. Focusing was super fast on my K-x (at least in comparison to the K10D I was using before), and the accuracy seems to be there. I thought it would be too heavy to handhold, but the K-x is so light that I was able to just balance the lens on my left hand and fire off shots with the right hand.

I'm tempted to actually keep the lens, but I'm more interested in maintaining a walk-around set of primes and lightweight zooms. Plus I just bought a MF Tokina 80-200 2.8 for the kids sports pics

Last edited by raybird; 09-23-2010 at 08:02 AM. Reason: Added pictures of the lens