Item for Sale
FS: Metz 58 AF-1 Flash

Asking Price
$315 USD

Item Location
Seattle, WA

Item Description
FS: Metz 58 AF-1 Flash

The Metz 58 AF-1 is considered among the best powerful smaller strobes available for Pentax P-TTL lighting. The flash has a built-in diffuser as well as a white card reflector for catchlights. It tilts and swivels. The coolest feature is the small front lamp that provides outstanding fill when shooting in "A" mode and P-TTL. You can also use this strobe in Manual and control output to 1/256th increments. The flash takes 4 AA rechargeable batteries (not included) and lasts for a few hundred shots per charging cycle.

A great thing about the 58 AF-1 is that you can upgrade the firmware via USB. This flash has been upgraded with the latest Metz firmware for Pentax compatibility.

Also included are: a stand, the original box, documentation, and a nylon case with a belt loop (not pictured below).

This flash has worked great for me on both my K10D, and my K20D. I have also heard that it works just fine with the K-7. There are a few small barely noticeable surface scratches on the back of the body from normal use but it is merely cosmetic.

My reason for selling is that I'm entering a Strobist phase with my Pentax cameras and am using ancient strobes on manual.

$315 PayPal only; free shipping within ConUS, other locations please PM.

Thanks for looking.

M

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
Included

Shipping Services
UPS; USPS;

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
No returns accepted.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Attached Images

09-28-2010, 08:18 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 29 (100%)
Original Poster
Bump

Bump on up.

M
09-28-2010, 09:58 PM   #3

Feedback Score: 1 (100%)
PM Sent
09-29-2010, 06:19 PM   #4

Feedback Score: 1 (100%)
Would this work fine with a K-x body? Would any features fall off?

09-29-2010, 09:52 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 29 (100%)
Original Poster
As a P-TTL flash, I believe that this flash would work just fine with the K-x. The K-x has been out long enough for any firmware tweaks to be implemented by Metz (if any were even needed)--and this flash's firmware has been updated to the current version earlier this year.

M

QuoteOriginally posted by phillipb Quote
Would this work fine with a K-x body? Would any features fall off?
09-30-2010, 01:25 AM   #6

Feedback Score: 11 (100%)
I've tested this on a K-x before and it works perfectly fine, though I didn't test it too extensively. It's a fantastic flash and anyone who can afford it should grab this deal, I know I would.

No relation to the seller, but I used this flash on loan for a great deal this past summer and loved it.