Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-02-2010, 02:21 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 52 (100%)
[SOLD] 300mm f4 Takumar M42 Lens and Case (US)

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
300mm f4 Takumar M42 Lens and Case

Asking Price
Reduced! 165 USD

Item Location
Austin, Texas, USA

Item Description
For sale is a very nice 300mm Takumar f4 lens, collar and original case.

Legendary all-metal Takumar build and color rendering is all in this lens. This copy has been well cared for during it's lifetime, the body is clean and has only the slightest scuffs, detectable only under careful inspection. The optics are clean, clear and free of fungus. There is perhaps a spec or two of internal dust, but nothing out of the ordinary for a lens of this vintage... and it will absolutely not affect the images taken.

Edit: I've been asked if this lens is labeled "SMC" or "Super." It is marked as "Takumar" only. However, I have collected and shot with SMC Tak glass for quite a while now, and I would grade the image quality of this glass to be top flight. It is very sharp and has little issue with any sort of color fringing. The built in hood virtually eliminates flare. Really nice glass for a whole lot less than what you'd pay for SMC!

The aperture ring clicks sure and certain. The blades are clean and free of grease and operate smoothly.

The focus is smooth and deliberate and will not drift from where you leave it. Really nice Takumar action.

It has a tripod collar installed and is complete. Note that the collar doesn't grip the lens barrel with crushing force anymore. It's NOT loose or wiggly in any way, but it's like whatever the clamping material is inside the collar won't totally lock the barrel from rotations anymore. The collar WILL keep the lens from rotating under normal use, but aggressive twisting will allow the barrel to rotate ... the collar will NOT absolutely lock the lens from twisting force.

This lens comes with the original and correct front lens cap (AOC) and original leather hard case. The case is in used but very clean condition.

Here are some photos... note that for this display a small anchor plate was attached to the lens. This plate is not part of the sale.

Thanks,

germar

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
United States

Shipping Charge
15 USD

Shipping Services
USPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
Interested Canadian buyers please contact for additional shipping cost.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by germar; 10-10-2010 at 03:31 PM. Reason: Price reduction
10-05-2010, 05:21 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Bump for updated info on lens and image quality.

This lens shoots beautiful images ... a well kept and great performing long prime lens at a great price!
10-06-2010, 12:41 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Price reduction

Bump for price reduction!

This is a really great price on a sweet 300mm prime lens.

Don't wait for more price cuts, I'll happily keep it if no buyers step up at 165.

Regards,

germar
10-08-2010, 07:35 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Feedback Score: 1 (100%)
Bump to top because I find this lens to be tempting. Unfortunately, I don't have an adapter, which prevents me from purchasing.

Best of luck.

10-08-2010, 11:37 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 11 (100%)
Consider Australia?
10-10-2010, 03:35 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Sample shots added

I've been asked for some samples from this great lens.

So I've added a few shots taken at a local high school marching band practice.

Someone commented that this 300mm shoots like a Super Takumar 85mm 1.9 on steroids! I think that's accurate.

This lens is still looking for a home at this excellent price.

germar