Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-10-2007, 01:49 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 19 (100%)
[SOLD] FS: SMC- A 70-210mm F4

Hello. I'd like to sell my really nice SMC-A 70-210 Manual Focus. Super sharp, great macro and bokeh. "A" setting works great with all Pentax DSLRs.

The lens is in great condition. Aperture nice and snappy. Multi coating perfect. A few (tiny) rub marks and paint chips right on the edges of barrel and lens shade, barely visible. No dirt, dust and fungus inside the glass. It is a great lens and nothing wrong with it. It is probably a 9 out of of 10. No box or manual but original front cap and a generic rear cap is included.

Reason for selling: I am slowly selling all my MF lenses, as I am heaving trouble with my eyes and I am using more and more Auto Focus these days.
Trying to sell here for this week and if it doesn't sell it will go on Ebay next Sunday.

The price is USD 125.00 (firm) and fair. It is what same lenses that were not as nice sold on Ebay in the last few month. (mine doesn't have any dings or dents in the barrel)

Shipping 12.00 (USPS Priority w. insurance and delivery confirmation). USA only.

Paypal w. verified Paypal addresses only.

Last edited by HogRider; 09-10-2007 at 01:51 PM. Reason: typo
09-10-2007, 07:03 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 3 (100%)
Great lens

Anyone wanting a good zoom - this is it. Sharp, bright, and constant aperture. Even a good macro mode. Use mine all the time. Don't let this good glass pass you by.
thanks
barondla
09-11-2007, 12:54 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 18 (100%)
Oh, yes, another "Only USA" seller. What's wrong with you, people?
09-11-2007, 04:21 AM   #4

Feedback Score: 6 (100%)
Can't speak for everyone, but there are a number of reasons people in the U.S. might not want to ship internationally:

1. Check any of a variety of Internet sites/forums that deal with feedback about transactions and you'll find complaints about international deals that have gone bad and left sellers without recourse. That can make some people decide to simply avoid the possibility completely.

2. International shipping requires extra effort. Rates vary from country to country and must be calculated in advance to arrive at a final price.

3. Rates are often so high that after making the effort, a potential buyer decides against buying -- usually after adding the cost of duty, VAT, etc.

4. Customs paperwork must be completed and most buyers want the "gift" box marked in an effort to avoid duty. A small thing, but it is illegal.

5. If there's a problem and the item has to be returned, shipping and other costs can be prohibitive.

Others can probably add to this list.

With all that said, I have shipped internationally many times and will continue to do so when it makes sense.

my two lux worth/Scottax1

09-11-2007, 05:19 AM   #5

Feedback Score: 2 (100%)
Well said.

Al
09-11-2007, 05:43 AM   #6

Feedback Score: 8 (100%)
Well, all these thing are not USA specific at all.... and people has soved these long time ago.... I have sold and bought lot of items intenationally. Here is my advices:

QuoteOriginally posted by scottax1 Quote
Can't speak for everyone, but there are a number of reasons people in the U.S. might not want to ship internationally:

1. Check any of a variety of Internet sites/forums that deal with feedback about transactions and you'll find complaints about international deals that have gone bad and left sellers without recourse. That can make some people decide to simply avoid the possibility completely.
Yes, it is possible to screw up these transactions... but you can also make bad domestic deals. And without interest to go to court there is nothing you can do in these cases either.... and going to court with a case value of few hunred euros......

2. International shipping requires extra effort. Rates vary from country to country and must be calculated in advance to arrive at a final price.
Of course it requires little bit more effort. Obviously in USA more than in the rest of the world

Here in Finland all shipping rates are available from net, so I do not have to go anywhere to find out how much shipping is to Filippines....

And I learned all needed math in the age of 6.....

3. Rates are often so high that after making the effort, a potential buyer decides against buying -- usually after adding the cost of duty, VAT, etc.
And this price negotiation is not needed with domestic buyers?

Buyer is responsible to find out how much VAt and customs fees are, it doenst add your burden at all.

4. Customs paperwork must be completed and most buyers want the "gift" box marked in an effort to avoid duty. A small thing, but it is illegal.
Additional paperwork? You mean that little sticker (packet content and value) and an additional line in shipping document cantainin very same information than mentioned sticker? Wht else is needed? I thought that we europeans have invented bureaucracy......

5. If there's a problem and the item has to be returned, shipping and other costs can be prohibitive.
In my shipping conditions I allways mention that there is no return if she/he cannot clearly show that I have described item wrongly or imprecise. Thing that has never happened so far.

Others can probably add to this list.

With all that said, I have shipped internationally many times and will continue to do so when it makes sense.

my two lux worth/Scottax1
09-11-2007, 08:35 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 19 (100%)
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Edvinas Quote
Oh, yes, another "Only USA" seller. What's wrong with you, people?
Two words: Google and chargeback...

or go to example below.

Understanding PayPal and Credit Card Chargebacks

Believe me, once it has happened to you, you'll make sure it won't happen again.
09-11-2007, 09:04 AM   #8
Inactive Account

Feedback Score: 4 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by HogRider Quote
Two words: Google and chargeback...

or go to example below.

Understanding PayPal and Credit Card Chargebacks

Believe me, once it has happened to you, you'll make sure it won't happen again.
So you say that if you sell to USA there is no risk for chargeback? Come on!

09-11-2007, 09:07 AM   #9
Inactive Account

Feedback Score: 4 (100%)
Harald and Edvinas,

I couldn't agree more!
09-11-2007, 09:09 AM   #10
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 22 (100%)
I understand HogRider if you have been burnt on a fraudulent charge back and am sorry - there are some dishonest people everywhere. That is the risk of an online transaction with PayPal. I was on the other end of a burn where the seller disappeared after my Pay Pal was sent (about $1k Cdn). I did get my money back but it was several weeks (about 6 or 7 if I remember ) and it was not Pay Pal that resolved the issue , but rather my credit card company.

Being 'International' myself I also understand the frustration from the buyers end. But

I don't let it get to me either way - the seller has complete autonomy. The can mention will only Sell to males : between 5'10" and 6' over 35 that have a black Lab less than 3 years old that has been nutured in the last 3 weeks , drive a green Kia Sportage , and live in a tent.

A relativley selective market but the point is made ...
09-11-2007, 09:28 AM   #11

Feedback Score: 8 (100%)
Somehow these talks doesnt surprice me at all.

Most European countries and USA have now agreement of visa free travel for 3 mounths visits for citizens of those countries and USA.

Now USA will make this negligible by introducing Travel Authorization for all foreign travellers. We should then request Travel Authorization from local US embassy. This document is not free of charge....

What this is if not an visa with different name? its purpose is exactly same as traditional visas.

If diplomatic reciprocity takes effect, in future also all US-citizens must request visa from our embassies when visiting Europe.....

This all is going to ridiculous direction....