[SOLD] Sigma 28-105mm F2.8-4 (CONUS)

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Sigma 28-105mm F2.8-4

Asking Price

Item Location
Texas

Item Description
I got this lens from the Marketplace here. Soon after getting it, I got a deal on my 18-250 and this one has since went unused. It's spent the last 9 months or so stored away in a camera bag.

The glass is clean and clear, no fungus. Has aperture ring, AF works great, 72mm filter threads, and the aperture functions smoothly as it should.

There are some small markings on the lens hood. These markings were here when I got the lens, so I can only assume that they are from general use. You can see what I am referring to in the pictures.

Here's a link to the lens review. This is the actual lens that is shown in the review pictures of the review.

Ask any questions you may have. Best offer may be considered.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Good

Shipping Destinations
Continental U.S. Only

Shipping Charge

Shipping Services
UPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
If not as described it can be returned within 3 days..

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

10-18-2010, 06:05 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 7 (100%)
Thought I'd put in a plug for this one: I call mine my 'Poor gal's Tammie,' meaning the 28-75.

It's actually a decent lens: (I've been meaning to do a review) and it has some real sweet spots stopped down. A good bit flarey at times in the bright and is really funny about mid-ranges from light to shadow, but is *not* bad in all other respects.

What this is is a fairly ambitious actually-wide-to-105 third-party trying-to-be-fast full-frame zoom lens from the film era. Ie: 'Darn nice for a Sigma' before that name carried much respect) AF is quick, MF is an afterthought, and it's all you probably want in a zoom if you don't want to be measurebating a zoom.

It seems to do well with direct flash even wide-open, and keeps surprising me with sweet spots stopped down. She'll buck and kick if you try to do anything we'd say took latitude in bright-light, basically, in ways that it takes time to catch onto. (They say that some camera-makers need lenses 'made for digital,' perhaps this is the first time I've found something problematic in that way for Pentax, but then again, I wouldn't have touched a zoom with this much range on film anyway. Standards, eh? Zooms like this flare, period. Always did, anyway. )

But for what they go for, you're styling. They'll manage what newspapers can print, they'll get sharp for you if you use flash, and if it's bright enough out to make a rat-lady squint, put a deep ol hood on there or something.

@ 70mm or so f6.7: must be a sweet spot cause Photobucket makes it look dull. Course that's a heavy crop, but still exceeding expectations. (this is not a macro lens, btw. Wonders of digital tech. )

105mm, f8, ISO 800 and backlit... actually, color jpegs looked fairly washy, but usable.

Don't happen to have any pics up of this lens not behaving so nice: I actually don't expect much of zooms. (I bracket like mad at times with this on digital when it's bright, and the very long end does tend to softness, ) but in my considered opinion, This Doesn't Suck.

Last edited by Ratmagiclady; 10-18-2010 at 06:14 PM.
10-18-2010, 06:23 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 9 (100%)
Original Poster
Thanks alot, RML. You make me want to keep it, but I have to clear way for other things so it has to go.
10-19-2010, 04:20 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 9 (100%)
Original Poster
Nobody?