Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-14-2007, 12:46 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
Original Poster
Picking apart my ad because I said SMC and not S-M-C is just plain ridiculous. For godsake, look at ads for the same lens, they say the same thing.

This lens is warranteed!! It IS clean, snappy, free of fungus or haze and has minimal wear marks for a 30 year old lens.

What do you guys think you'll get if you buy the lens? A bag of sand? Give me a break!! I will ship you that very lens that is exactly as described and guess what? If there is a problem with it, you return it.

As for you mayonaise, I think you're just pissed because you didn't buy it. You know it was a steal and you were too cheap to bid. And if you think crapping all over my ebay ad for that lens is somehow going to benefit you, well, you're very mistaken. I wholesale tons of lenses. I travel all over my area going to swap meets, camera shows, garage sales, etc.. Almost ALL of the lenses I pick up end up at online retailers that you ALL buy from. Not only that, my biggest lot of lenses have been coming from europe lately. Mostly the UK which I travel to frequently to pick up these lenses and bring them back via plane avoiding crazy shipping charges.

And by the way, it's not a no-name adapter as some fool mentioned. It's a Roxsen and the ad clearly states that. And, if you're not too lazy to research it, you'll see that it's the best one you can buy besides the Pentax original.

Lastly, the only reason I'm wasting my breath here it seems is because I like the forums and see a lot of good info here, as well as contribute. I'm even doing quite well in Contest 12 with my photo taken in the Elan Valley in Wales (#22).. Which, by the way, I took in August on my most recent trip to the UK in which I also brought back a crapload of lenses, 22 in total!!

And by the way mayonaise, where is your response from the seller? Huh? What's the matter, is he not saying what you want to hear? He's telling you the lens is EXACTLY as described, warranteed and is paid for? Hello? Get back to us here already..

Last edited by Tom M; 09-14-2007 at 12:51 PM.
09-14-2007, 01:08 PM   #17

Feedback Score: 7 (100%)
Ahhh, nothing like a good ole fashion forum flame war....we don't see too many of these around here. Makes for interesting read though.
The moderators should shut down this thread...
09-14-2007, 01:51 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
No. I'd rather the thread not get shut down. I have nothing to say to mayonaise as I've already proved him wrong and as long as he can move on, I'd like this to stay up as it gave me a chance to defend myself.

Besides, I didn't do anything wrong here. I'm not even attempting to make a good profit on this sale.. Review the facts.

$62 (Lens plus shipping plus insurance)
$24.97 (Roxsen K adapter plus shipping plus insurance)
$20. (Professional lens cleaning)
$8 (Free shipping to anywhere in US)
$6.20 (ebay listing fee)
$3.30 (after sale ebay fee)

Total - $124.47

Ebay listing price - $135.00

Profit = $10.53

Yeah, I'm a scumbag crook.

Ps. I should add that I get a discount on lens cleaning as I use the same professional camera supply store locally for ALL my lenses. If someone were to walk in off the street for this service for a standard prime lens, the cost would be $40. So, as you can see, I'm even passing THAT savings on to the buyer.

It's a shame mayo cried wolf before knowing the facts but, I can't do anything about that now. Sorry for the offer.

Last edited by Tom M; 09-14-2007 at 02:35 PM.
09-14-2007, 03:05 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 21 (100%)
Listen TomM...you sterted this all story of the lens being your fantastic special lens,and when you posted the add,you havent even received it,,,THAT and the fact that the lens was on ebay hours before ,that you used the ebay pictures of the other auction,(why didnt you take your own pics?,product photos are a nice challenge and a personal signature )and that you werent able to describe accurately the lens,was enough suspicious information to create the smelly scent that everyone,not only me ,was getting...i didnt bid on that lens,because i was bidding on other one....about the steal price that you got.....i sold one just like it for 65$,shipped to Portugal last week,you can see that on the marketplace forum,..Maybe i should havent (or maybe i should)get nso alarmed,but the fact that some people are being ripped of out some sales in this(and many other)online forums,makes me very sensitive to this matter...some people will buy whatever,and people takes advantage of this.Not everyone is acquainted with their equipment,i sold an M 50mm 1.4 two days ago(75 dollars mint shipped)and after sending payment,the person sent me an email asking if this lens would work on his camera or would need an adapter...i feel for people getting ripped off by scumbags all over..if you are not one ..good for you...I apologize......if you are ..welll!...people in the forums will track you....dont take this personal...i am sure the persons that still waiting for a message from the guy they sent money a week ago,maybe dont think that i was over the line...........

09-14-2007, 03:36 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Original Poster
mayo, you only read what you want to read. I clearly stated earlier that this lens is indeed the copy I was looking for and over the past 15 years I have owned 4 other copies, all similar, but NOT this version - which, by the way, has particularly nice glass from 'other' examples I have seen and sought to purchase. The fact that I won this lens at the time I did was a misfortune actually, as I now need to purchase some glass that will actually make me money with the photos I take (really long tele) and I need to sell this one. I can't help that..

BUT, you should not go around accusing people of being a scumbag or crook or anything else for that matter BEFORE you know the facts. Had you taken the time to politely ask me about the ad I would have explained as I have since, the sale conditions. And talk about being a liar!! YOU said you were bidding on THAT lens. You lied! You were not and did not bid on that lens. So, you ran your mouth and lied to boot!

And to suggest that you sold a 'similar' lens for $65 to Portugal (hard to beleive really as they are MUCH cheaper in europe) and that in some way my price is out of line is nothing more than you being a sore loser. If you look closely at the costs I listed above and subtract that from the selling price you will see that I intend to profit $10.53 from this sale. For the life of me, I can NOT see how I am doing anyone wrong.

Lastly, you keep making comments about the photos used. I don't know why but, having been in the supply chain for the last 25 years I can tell you first hand that when someone sells you something and you intend to resell that something, you should ALWAYS use the description provided by the person you bought it from. THIS WAY, if there is ever a discrepency with the item, you DID NOT embellish the facts, you merely stated them exactly as they were to you, and ultimately, all claims fall back on the ORIGINAL SUPPLIER!! FYI: This is a good bit of advice for ALL of you guys.

Hopefully Mayo this all sinks in and you buy some lenses from me

Last edited by Tom M; 09-14-2007 at 04:03 PM.
09-14-2007, 04:09 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 1 (100%)
Personally I feel that anyone posting a link to their own eekbay post is spamming, so I feel that this thread should not only be shut down but also deleted.

I'd feel the same no mater who it is, I'm not using favoritism here.

eBay does their own advertising and if the lens really is what you say it is you should get a fair price.
Good Enough.
09-14-2007, 04:33 PM   #22
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Geez already. I am not scamming!

If you're allowed to sell things here, how do you go about completing the transaction without the use of ebay? I don't have any credit card services where I can accept payments so, I need to use ebay. As I'm sure everyone here does. Right?

If you can clue me in on how I can offer people lenses for sale and actually SAVE ME the ebay fees, I'm ALL EARS (EYES) etc..

Ebay is a new outlet for me. I buy alot but, never sell on it. I'm getting a bit tired of driving to various swap meets and online retailers so I can bulk sale my lenses only to see them on ebay for triple what they paid me. No joking! I dropped of 10 lenses recently and I got paid $200 for the lot. Granted, the lot cost me roughly $110 so I made $90.. I thought I was doing OK until I saw that two days later that ebay retailer was selling ONE of the lenses for $220 and, it sold!!!

09-14-2007, 04:38 PM   #23
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 9 (100%)
I'm just curious as to how you know it's an "ultra sharp beauty". It seems to be true that you just won this item and are selling it sight unseen...you haven't disputed that fact. So how do you know it's better than other copies you've had?

This isn't a mean spirited question. It's a serious question from a curious person. I'd say "from a curious potential buyer" but it's priced a little out of my range.
09-14-2007, 05:02 PM   #24
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Tom M Quote
Geez already. I am not scamming!

If you're allowed to sell things here, how do you go about completing the transaction without the use of ebay? I don't have any credit card services where I can accept payments so, I need to use ebay. As I'm sure everyone here does. Right?

If you can clue me in on how I can offer people lenses for sale and actually SAVE ME the ebay fees, I'm ALL EARS (EYES) etc..

Ebay is a new outlet for me. I buy alot but, never sell on it. I'm getting a bit tired of driving to various swap meets and online retailers so I can bulk sale my lenses only to see them on ebay for triple what they paid me. No joking! I dropped of 10 lenses recently and I got paid $200 for the lot. Granted, the lot cost me roughly $110 so I made $90.. I thought I was doing OK until I saw that two days later that ebay retailer was selling ONE of the lenses for $220 and, it sold!!!

No credit card services = no problem.

I've bought and sold several items on line with a simple cheque. A money order works if you don't trust the person as well.

I've never had a problem, although I've always known at least a little about the person or company as well.

If you don't want to deal with a cheque or money order you can still deal through paypal.
Tell them what you want to do and they'll help you out.
09-14-2007, 05:04 PM   #25
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Simple. I have used and have seen images from this particular series of lens. I know from first hand experience that THIS is a great lens. Sort of like saying, the Vivitar Series 1 105mm f2.5 Macro is a GREAT LENS. That fact is indisputable by anyone who knows anything about lenses. The 50mm f1.4 falls into the same category. Unless everyone here somehow would like to dispute that all of a sudden? Be prepared to back it up severley if you do though, as many professional photographer's reputation lay in claims made about that lens. Not to mention a boat-load of people here on these forums alone..

I'll assume that you already knew this though as you were looking at buying it
09-14-2007, 05:07 PM   #26
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Tell who what I want to do? PayPal?

And, thinking about how well my ad would have gone over here had my payment options only been "Money Order Only" seems frightful. I think you guys would have hung me by my balls or something..

Anyway, if you have personal experience with selling through the forum and using PayPal to complete the transaction, PM me please so I can sort out the details. Thanks.
09-14-2007, 06:00 PM   #27
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 10 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by Tom M Quote
Besides, I didn't do anything wrong here. I'm not even attempting to make a good profit on this sale.. Review the facts.

$62 (Lens plus shipping plus insurance)
$24.97 (Roxsen K adapter plus shipping plus insurance)
$20. (Professional lens cleaning)
$8 (Free shipping to anywhere in US)
$6.20 (ebay listing fee)
$3.30 (after sale ebay fee)

Total - $124.47

Ebay listing price - $135.00

Profit = $10.53

Yeah, I'm a scumbag crook.
You're sure something. 'Truthful seller' would not be one of them.

Now you're telling me that you're going to have someone open the lens and clean it? That's about the worst thing I want to hear when buying a lens. A little accumulated dust amounts to nothing - an internal smear mark from a 'cleaning' is the second-worst thing I can see in a lens.

Your posts here were misleading and call into question your truthfulness in anything you say. How do you know there isn't an alignment issue with one of the elements? How can you possibly talk about the image quality of this particular lens without ever taking a single shot? Yes, the series is renowned for its excellence, but are you such a fool to think that there wasn't sample variation within it? No, I think not, I simply think you are trying to flip a lens that you've never used for a cool profit because you thought you got it under value, which you did not.

Are you going to refund all costs, including return shipping, if the buyer discovers your sham?

Not that it matters, but the Roxsen adapter is that cost BRAND NEW. It is just one more thing you've misled about in a single thread about this lens.

Buyer beware.

Last edited by carpents; 09-14-2007 at 06:21 PM.
09-14-2007, 06:22 PM   #28
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Big gong being heard going off over here..

First off carpents, I never said I was opening anything. Stop making assumptions or trying to mislead others by putting words in my mouth.

Secondly, YOU'RE MISTAKEN about the Roxsen. It is $12.99 for the adapter, PLUS $9.99 for shipping, PLUS $1.99 for insurance. See, I bought it from the (big word alert) MANUFACTURER! Check for yourself.

THAT EQUALS... drum roll please... $24.97

The crowd roars...

Do I need to show you my statement to discredit this blatant 'sham'? What the hell already?

Go away!

And you know what.. I'm gonna let you all in one something you DIDN'T pick up on.. I made a mistake and not one of you lens/sham detectives caught it. Mayo, you're fired!

Anyway, the lens is being listed as REFURBISHED!! I misread the requirements for using the refurbished heading. Ebay states that the item must carry a warranty, which this lens does, and it also states that the lens must have been 'professional refurbished'.. I swear it read, 'professionally cleaned' when I chose it and, indeed, this lens will have been professionally cleaned (with receipt as proof if neccessary)..

Well, my bad.

I think this warrants a new price for all you really nice folks here..

$134.99 shipped.
09-14-2007, 06:40 PM   #29
Veteran Member

Is this a screwmount lens or a K mount lens?
09-14-2007, 07:00 PM   #30
Veteran Member

Original Poster
It's a pain-in-ass-lens..

Just kidding..

It's a screw mount WITH a ROXSEN (brand new from mfg) K mount adapter. Please research this adapter if you're unfamiliar with it. It's the best I could find besides the Pentax brand which is no longer manufactured. You can use this lens for your screw-mount Pentax camera, or, you can use this lens for your 35mm SLR and DSLR 'K' mount camera. It gives love equally.