Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-13-2007, 01:13 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
[CLOSED] Letting her go.. SMC 50mm f1.4

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Post contents removed- thread closed.

09-13-2007, 02:27 PM   #2

Feedback Score: 6 (100%)
Tom.

I posted som wonderings here:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-dslr-discussion/11908-check-our-ma...html#post95220

Thanks,

// Mats
09-13-2007, 03:32 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 3 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by Tom M Quote

SMC 50mm f1.4 with K mount.

The condition is an 8 but the images are a 10+++ - Some slight wear, nothing abusive or anything like that. Well cared for lens that I hate to let go

Clean, snappy, dust free, etc.

Here's the ad... Pentax SMC 50mm f1.4 -=SHARP=- -=FAST=- - (eBay item 250164990731 end time Sep-16-07 12:52:19 PDT)

Tom,

Could you verify this is a K or M series lens. It sure looks like a M42 screw mount lens to me.

Thanks,

ken
09-13-2007, 07:26 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I addressed the questions in the other forum but, it is a SMC (Super-multi-Coated) 50mm f1.4 *WITH* K mount. I thought the description was clear, especially with the photos clearly showing the style (fluted) of lens it is. The serial number is clearly visible as well. Maybe it's not for everyone.

09-13-2007, 09:05 PM   #5
cmv

Feedback Score: 5 (100%)
Do you mean "with K mount adapter"? That is what is probably confusing people -- when you say "with k mount" it sounds like it has a k mount built-in. Good luck with the sale.
09-13-2007, 09:19 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 21 (100%)
I Have Proof That This Pictures You Are Using Belong To A Different Auction ,i Was Bidding On It In Ebay Yesterday And Know The Original Seller....ITEM NUMBER WAS 330163229649 beware Of This Post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!do Not Bid........CONTACT ADMINISTRATOR ABOUT TOM M
09-13-2007, 09:26 PM   #7

Feedback Score: 6 (100%)
The pictures doesn´t show the mount.... Post a pic´of the actual mount and we all will be better off.
There were no such thing as a Super-Multi-Coated Takumar with a K-mount coming from the Pentax facilitys.

If this one is fiddeled around with and dont have the original M42 mount, you need to tell the buyer.
Post a pic` of the mount and we will help you determine what you have there, if we haven´t already done so.
After all, this is a Pentax forum.......

Last edited by matsoberg; 09-13-2007 at 09:33 PM.
09-13-2007, 10:23 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 149 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by mayoapo Quote
I Have Proof That This Pictures You Are Using Belong To A Different Auction ,i Was Bidding On It In Ebay Yesterday And Know The Original Seller....ITEM NUMBER WAS 330163229649 beware Of This Post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!do Not Bid........CONTACT ADMINISTRATOR ABOUT TOM M
Well, actually the winner for item 330163229649 is the seller for the item listed by OP (Tom M) if you check carefully Still, kinda confusing about what Tom M is selling. The description obviously doesn't match the lens photos ...
09-14-2007, 12:39 AM   #9

Feedback Score: 9 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by matsoberg Quote
The pictures doesn´t show the mount.... Post a pic´of the actual mount and we all will be better off.
There were no such thing as a Super-Multi-Coated Takumar with a K-mount coming from the Pentax facilitys.

If this one is fiddeled around with and dont have the original M42 mount, you need to tell the buyer.
Post a pic` of the mount and we will help you determine what you have there, if we haven´t already done so.
After all, this is a Pentax forum.......
Looks like the previous auction for the lens ended a few hours before Tom's post, so it may be a few days before he even gets the lens.

I'll pass at that price, but maybe I'll bid on the Vivitar 28-80mm or Vivitar 70-150mm that's been in Tom's family for generations.

At least he's only selling the lens to one person.
09-14-2007, 03:29 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
very funny.. The vivi's are heirlooms... haha

Seriously folks.. This IS my 4th copy, I was desperately looking for this particular lens for a long time. I have had earlier ones and newer ones. This one has warm glass if you know what I mean. No sooner than I won the auction I got the news I'd be shooting a paying gig that requires me to purchase some other lenses. It's a long term deal and nobody rents Pentax glass so, I need to come up with the funds. Plain and simple.

But again, there is nothing fishy with the ebay ad, the lens pictured IS the lens I am selling and as I addressed in the dslr forum, I will add the word 'adapter' to the auction so the lens police leave me alone. Though, please be aware that the word 'with' does mean 'includes' and there is no doubt that this lens will INCLUDE a K mount. It's sitting right here for godsake. I was gonna throw in the correct Asahi hood as well but, not if Mayonaise buys it.
09-14-2007, 04:54 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 10 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by Tom M Quote
But again, there is nothing fishy with the ebay ad, the lens pictured IS the lens I am selling and as I addressed in the dslr forum, I will add the word 'adapter' to the auction so the lens police leave me alone.
There are so many things fishy with this auction, only compounded by your posts here.

1) Is the lens free of mold, haze, and fungus? (Answer: You don't know, since you don't have the lens. You just won the auction yesterday and those pictures surely don't show the entire surface of the lens to be sure that there are no blemishes.)
2) If your story is that you are selling it because something unexpected came up, why would you try to more than double your purchase price?
3) If your command of the language is so poor that you don't know the difference between 'with K mount' and 'with a K-mount adapter' then perhaps it is you, not mayo, that needs help.
4) Your posts here implied that the lens was a treasured item owned by you. It is not. You don't have the lens.

mayoapo is correct to bring up suspicion about the auction, especially in light of recent events here in the marketplace.
09-14-2007, 06:48 AM   #12

I have to say that reselling something before you even have it in hand is pretty shady. I won't be bidding on that.
09-14-2007, 08:27 AM   #13
ycl

Something smells funny

Look, I don't know whether "Tom M" is dishonest or just very sloppy, but I wouldn't touch this one with a 10 foot pole. We all know the basic lingo for this lens -- it's NOT a "SMC 50mm 1.4 with K mount," as "Tom M" says. It's a "S-M-C TAKUMAR 50mm 1.4," which is of course M42 screw mount, though apparently "Tom M" is throwing in an unnamed adapter of some kind. There's a big difference in the marketplace, as I assume "Tom M" knows (since he's been searching for these for so long) -- true K series lenses always sell for more than the Takumar screw mounts, simply because many buyers don't want to deal with the adapter issue.

And as for describing this as some sort of treasure -- the "4th" one that "Tom M" found after 10+ years -- that yields "warm" images, even before (apparently) "Tom M" has even had the lens in his possession ... well, I don't know how one can construe that charitably (ie, as carelessness rather than dishonesty).

But maybe "Tom M" can clarify that.
09-14-2007, 10:04 AM   #14
Veteran Member

Yes...he won the auction...but he has not even seen the lens for god sake!!!!!!How can he describe the lens(in such confused manner)????or the pictures that it delivers??????Super-Multi-Coated Takumars are Super-Multi-Coated takumars...M42 period....Adapters??yes we know that...and NOW TOM M knows about them too........but ,Oh this lens is the best i had ,after 4 copies..bla .bla is BULL SHIT
.I contacted the seller of the original auction,let's see if he even pays for the lens..
09-14-2007, 10:04 AM   #15
Veteran Member

You can be sure i wouldnt buy from you,...