Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-15-2007, 03:30 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 19 (100%)
[SOLD] FS: Sigma APO Tele-Converter 1.4X EX DG

Converter and Sigma 100-300mm lens are SOLD

For sale is a Sigma APO Tele-Converter 1.4X EX DG. When coupled with a matching lens, it increases the focal length of the prime lens by 40%, with the loss of one stop (actually EV) of light. When combined with a compatible Sigma lens, there is little loss of image quality. I bought this converter with my Sigma APO 100-300mm f4 EX DG and it give great results. But I have seldom used it so it is for sale.

This item was purchased new from B&H Photo in February 2007 and is covered by the Sigma 4 year U.S. warranty.

I would describe the condition as "excellent ++" (using the KEH rating system). The glass is perfect, the outer barrel is perfect, it works perfectly, and the case, papers, and box are all like new. It would be in "like-new" condition except for some very slight paint scuffing inside the front mount (where the prime lens attaches). I tried to attach a Pentax macro lens and the baffle on the macro lens scuffed a bit of the flat black paint off inside the front mount on the metal surrounding the converter's front element. It is just barely visible in the photograph at the 6 and 11 o'clock positions as a hint of brassing. (The white specks are dust and not blemishes on the converter). The paint scuff is trivial and certainly has no effect on image quality or performance, but I like to be accurate in describing the items that I sell.

Please note that this converter is dedicated and will only work with the lenses listed by Sigma as compatible. Buyer is responsible for confirming compatibility. Please check Sigma's Web site if you are unsure. I cannot accept a return on this item due to incompatibility with the intended use.

Included is the complete original package, including the lens, original front and rear caps, ballistic nylon carrying case, papers, and box with all original packaging. I will also include the original sales receipt to help you in the unlikely event that you need warranty repair.

The sale price is is $135, including insured U.S.P.S Priority Mail shipping to the continental U.S. Payment by PayPal (preferred) or by cashier's check issued by a U.S. bank or U.S. or Canadian Post money order.

On this item, I will ship worldwide EXCEPT to China or Russia. International shipping is via U.S. Postal Service International Priority Mail ONLY. You will need to pay for the actual shipping cost for 1 lbs (insured) PLUS $10 for handling to cover my time standing in line at the post office and filling out 5 copies of the customs forms. Please contact me before paying so that we are in agreement on the price and shipping method. You can use the on-line tools from the Post Office (usps.com) to calculate shipping 1 lbs from San Diego, California (92110) to your location.

If the item does not exactly match the description above then I will refund your money (not including shipping costs or PayPal charges I incur), but otherwise all sales are final. Buyer is responsible for verifying that the item is suitable for the intended use and is compatible with cameras or other equipment. You must contact me within three days of delivery if there is any problem. I have 100% positive feedback here and on eBay (user: garyml1) so buy with confidence!

[I may be selling my Sigma APO 100-300mm f/4 EX DG lens soon. If you are interested in the lens and the tele-converter as a package, then drop me a note and we can work out a deal. I also have a Kirk plate for the lens tripod foot and an Hoya Super HMC UV filter included in the package, so it is quite a nice long lens kit for the Pentax.]

Please send me a Private Message if you are interested.

Here are some photos of the actual product for sale:

[pictures deleted]

Last edited by GaryML; 09-16-2007 at 10:31 AM.
09-16-2007, 08:00 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 19 (100%)
Original Poster
Tele-converter and lens are SOLD.

Last edited by GaryML; 09-16-2007 at 10:32 AM.
09-16-2007, 01:13 PM   #3

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
Top item I bought one since i could not find a pentax 1.4.

Use it on the F 100 2.8 and on the F* 300/4.5 with exellent results.

One happy buyer.

Guido
09-21-2007, 10:00 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 16 (100%)
Gary,
I picked up package this noon time. Everything looks great. I can not tell you ever used them.

Thanks for all.