Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-27-2010, 11:36 AM   #1

Feedback Score: 3 (100%)
[SOLD] Sigma 28mm F1.8 EX DG ASP Macro (US)

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Sigma 28mm F1.8 EX DG ASP Macro

Asking Price
$275 USD

Item Location
Seattle, WA

Item Description
Sigma's product page

Beautiful wide-angle fast prime lens for Pentax K-mount. Fast aperature is great for working with available light, and for throwing the background into beautiful defocus while keeping your subject sharp. 28mm is a 42mm-equivalent on a Pentax APS-C body - a little wider than the classic 50mm, making for a very versatile prime lens. Macro focusing allows you to get as close to your subject as you like.

Here's a few examples of photos I've taken with this lens on my K10D.

Includes original front and rear caps, hood, and also a third-party front cap that's easier to use when the hood is in place. Also includes padded case and original papers.

I'm the original owner, and I baby my gear. Optics are clean and clear, mechanicals and electronics all work perfectly. The lens did initially suffer from slight backfocus (not uncommon on big-aperture lenses) but I had Sigma service it and focus has been perfect ever since. (Literally better than new!) Selling because I got a nice bonus at work and splurged on a full-frame Nikon DSLR. (I'm also selling my other lenses - see my other listings.)

Asking $275. Will discount if you want to combine with another of my lenses for sale.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide - Sorry, I will not misreport the value of a shipment for customs purposes. Please take any customs & taxes into account when making me an offer.

Shipping Charge
Not included - give me a city and zip/postal code and I'll give you a quote

Shipping Services
Buyer's choice

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal, Check

Return Policy & Additional Details
Prefer paypal (buyer adds 2.9% for fees.) Will accept a check but will wait for funds to clear before shipping.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Attached Images

Last edited by montoblan; 11-15-2010 at 03:51 PM. Reason: lowered asking price
11-04-2010, 11:05 PM   #2

Original Poster
Bump - opening to non-US
11-15-2010, 03:51 PM   #3

Original Poster
Lower price
11-16-2010, 12:39 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 16 (100%)
Bump for an awesome lens and to say, I know montoblan from buying lenses locally - a trustworthy seller with meticulously kept equipment. I actually arrived at his house when this lens came back from the Sigma properly adjusted - it was so sharp it kept him from buying my DA35mm Ltd!

11-16-2010, 01:53 PM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ecaterin Quote
Bump for an awesome lens and to say, I know montoblan from buying lenses locally - a trustworthy seller with meticulously kept equipment. I actually arrived at his house when this lens came back from the Sigma properly adjusted - it was so sharp it kept him from buying my DA35mm Ltd!
Hehe, yea, I'd forgotten about that. :-) For everyone else's benefit, I _was_ planning on buying the 35mm Ltd while the 28mm was in for service, then selling the freshly adjusted 28mm when I got it back. The 28mm came back the day I was looking at the 35mm Ltd, though - and after adjustment it was just too good to part with, so no sale. Really good timing or really bad, depending on who you ask...

FWIW, though, I think the 35mm Ltd sold not long after anyway. ;-)
11-16-2010, 02:18 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 2 (100%)
How much would shipping to the UK be? Thanks.
11-16-2010, 02:18 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 16 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by montoblan Quote
Hehe, yea, I'd forgotten about that. :-) For everyone else's benefit, I _was_ planning on buying the 35mm Ltd while the 28mm was in for service, then selling the freshly adjusted 28mm when I got it back. The 28mm came back the day I was looking at the 35mm Ltd, though - and after adjustment it was just too good to part with, so no sale. Really good timing or really bad, depending on who you ask...

FWIW, though, I think the 35mm Ltd sold not long after anyway. ;-)
It did But I was really impressed with the Sig 28 - montoblan took shots with the 28 and my DA35 and the 28 actually beat out the DA35 in sharpness on several accounts.

WHAT I'M SAYING HERE FORUM PEOPLES, IS THAT YOU WILL LIKE THIS SIGMA 28MM - you won't regret buying

11-16-2010, 02:27 PM   #8

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rob1234 Quote
How much would shipping to the UK be? Thanks.
USPS Priority International is $45 for every country I've looked up so far (It's "flat rate", but you never know if there's some exception, I guess) plus I think $5 or so for insurance. The calculator on their website is down at the moment so I can't give you a more exact number. :-P

If you're interested in UPS or FedEx, please PM me with country/city/postal code.

Thanks!
11-18-2010, 09:52 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 74 (100%)
Montoblan - word of friendly advice on shipping outside the US - only do it USPS express mail! The actual cost is almost always under $10 more, often less than $5 after insurance is considered (for instance I sold my K7 last month to a forum member in Aus - priority insurance would have been over $10, Express just over $3). Other reasons, Express has much more detailed tracking (priority only gives customs updates and delivery confirmation, Express has additional arrival/departure details en route), and it gets there quickly.
11-18-2010, 10:11 PM   #10

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pxpaulx Quote
Montoblan - word of friendly advice on shipping outside the US - only do it USPS express mail! The actual cost is almost always under $10 more, often less than $5 after insurance is considered (for instance I sold my K7 last month to a forum member in Aus - priority insurance would have been over $10, Express just over $3). Other reasons, Express has much more detailed tracking (priority only gives customs updates and delivery confirmation, Express has additional arrival/departure details en route), and it gets there quickly.
Yea, I just noticed that recently myself. Looks like with insurance, Express Mail is $46.65. So, for just a buck or two difference, yea, it makes way more sense. :-)
11-19-2010, 01:19 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 2 (100%)
Many thanks, PM'd.
11-19-2010, 08:36 AM   #12

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
Is this lens still for sale?
11-19-2010, 08:42 AM   #13

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mrozema Quote
Is this lens still for sale?
Yes, if the thread is still here then it's still for sale. :-) Please send me a PM if you're interested in it and we can work out the details...