Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-28-2010, 11:29 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 52 (100%)
[SOLD] SMC Takumar 35mm f2 With Case (US)

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
SMC Takumar 35mm f2 With Case

Asking Price
Last Reduction Before Withdrawl - 95+paypal fees USD

Item Location
Austin, Texas

Item Description
For Sale: Super Multi Coated Takumar 35mm f2 Lens (M42 screwmount)

An excellent example of this fast 35mm Takumar. Cosmetically near perfect, with only the slightest scuffs or imperfections. This body is tight, shiny and clearly well kept over it's life. It looks like this was purchased and never really used much, as even the mating surfaces are free of wear marks.

Optically, the glass is clean and clear, free of rub marks or any scratches. This lens DID come to me with yellowed glass, indicating it contains the much talked about and sought after Thorium glass with radioactive qualities. I carefully placed this lens into UV light therapy and the yellow is all but gone. You can search this site for info on the radioactive glass, but just to say it here, there's no danger from the trace radiation.... it's a *very* small amount.

Focus and aperture rings are very tight and solid, clicks are solid and feels factory fresh. Blades are quick an snappy and all mechanicals seem to be spot on.

This lens comes with the CORRECT metal front cap and plastic rear cap. Included is the correct Takumar hard case, with f2/35 on the top. The case will come with the original leather strap, but the strap got some wet paint pressed against it sometime during it's life. The paint is on the STRAP only and probably can be chipped off by someone with patience.

This lens is a sharp, nice looking shooter that will look very impressive in anyone's collection of Takumars.

PHOTO NOTE: I don't go crazy cleaning up every spec of exterior dust that may be on a lens, so most, if not all dust you see here is EXTERIOR and not interior lens. There may be a spec or two of dust inside, but it will not effect the len's value or image quality.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
United States

Shipping Charge
10 USD

Shipping Services
USPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
Shipping Upgrades and insurance extra.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

---------- Post added 10-30-10 at 02:21 PM ----------

Weekned bump for price adjustment.

I was asked if the Thorium quickly yellows again after UV treatment. The answer is no, I believe the return of yellowing takes years to happen, usually with the lens seeing little or no sunlight. Again, this nice example has clean and clear optics. A good shooter!

germar

Last edited by germar; 11-07-2010 at 08:21 AM.
11-02-2010, 05:00 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Bump to top and another price adjustment for this less common Takumar lens.
11-05-2010, 06:34 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Weekend bump with further price adjustment. Really nice, uncommon lens for the Takumar shooters among us!

---------- Post added 11-07-10 at 08:24 AM ----------

Final, drastic reduction before withdrawal.

Some gets this nice copy of a SMC Tak 35/2 for a steal, or it goes back on the shelf and I find K-5 money elsewhere.

Come on, there's got to be a Takumar lover out there who needs this!

Final bump before withdrawal.

---------- Post added 11-07-10 at 08:26 AM ----------

Final bump to top, thank you!
11-07-2010, 07:37 AM   #4

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
My first post!

I had one of these and let it go not knowing what I had. Nice glass!

Free bump!

Last edited by Parallax; 11-07-2010 at 09:04 AM.