Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-31-2010, 03:20 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 23 (100%)
[SOLD] Carl Zeiss Jena 200mm f2.8 Sonnar - Worldwide

EDIT
==========

After further deliberation, I decided to go with the Takumar 200mm f3.5 because of the easier handling, which makes for better pictures for me. Am selling the Carl Zeiss Jena 200mm f2.8 Sonnar. I've deliberated listing on ebay (I almost did!), but I'd rather some fellow forum member here benefit from a lower price for this lens, then selling on ebay and subjecting myself to the final value fee (which can be quite hefty!). The final prices and details for the Zeiss is as below:

Item for Sale
Carl Zeiss Jena 200mm f2.8 Sonnar

Asking Price
USD 330 (includes paypal fees)
Additional USD 40 for Pentax SMC PF 77mm UV filter

Item Location
Singapore

Item Description

Great optical condition, only blemish is a bubble in the front element in the glass (see picture 3), no effect on image quality. It will come with a pentax adaptor and I've drilled hole in the mount so that the locking pin on the pentax SLRs can fit and lock the lens in place. Of course, you can remove the adaptor and use it as an m42 or adapt to other mounts. Comes with front and rear caps (both M42 and k mount), adaptor, and vintage soft carrying case.

The rare Pentax SMC PF 77mm UV filter is worth a few words. Well built and solid, glass in impeccable condition, and treated with the famous Pentax SMC coating. A real collector's item - trying googling for it and see how common it is.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?No

Are you selling or trading this item?Selling

Item Condition (Key)Used
Excellent

Shipping DestinationsWorldwide

Shipping Charge
US$45 (WW) - will refund any excess amount

Shipping Services
Speedpost ( 1 - 2 weeks WW delivery)

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
Refund if not as advertised

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

---------- Post added 11-02-10 at 08:41 AM ----------

Pictures taken with the CZJ 200mm -

wide open to show sharpness

cropped, deliberately out of focus to show the bokeh quality

Last edited by knyghtfall; 11-05-2010 at 06:02 PM.
11-02-2010, 12:18 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 59 (100%)
My pleasure ! Done!
11-02-2010, 12:28 PM   #3

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
Hello!

And it is possible for a photo of the front element close up?
11-02-2010, 04:56 PM   #4

Feedback Score: 2 (100%)
I'm looking for a 200 f2.8-4.0.
Is there a hood that goes with this lens (even if you don't have it)?
Is the bubble a defect or something that happened to the lens.

Thanks...

11-02-2010, 05:30 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bramela Quote
My pleasure ! Done!
Thanks Bruce!

Chemy:
Yup, will do later today when I get home after work!

Snydly:
I don't have a hood for this, but it shouldn't be hard to find a third party compatible hood for it. I have seen people use hoods with this lens. A deep hood that fits a 77mm filter size should suffice - don't think there's much worry about vignetting when you use this on a APS-C sensor.

As for the bubble, it was there when I got the lens. At first I was worried that it was a chip in the glass, but on close inspection it was a bubble within the front element. As it was quite small and had no discernable effect on IQ, I did not pursue the matter. The rest of the lens is in great shape, after all. I will post pictures of it later today.

Last edited by knyghtfall; 11-02-2010 at 05:35 PM.
11-03-2010, 05:15 AM   #6

Feedback Score: 2 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by knyghtfall Quote
Thanks Bruce!

Chemy:
Yup, will do later today when I get home after work!

Snydly:
I don't have a hood for this, but it shouldn't be hard to find a third party compatible hood for it. I have seen people use hoods with this lens. A deep hood that fits a 77mm filter size should suffice - don't think there's much worry about vignetting when you use this on a APS-C sensor.

As for the bubble, it was there when I got the lens. At first I was worried that it was a chip in the glass, but on close inspection it was a bubble within the front element. As it was quite small and had no discernable effect on IQ, I did not pursue the matter. The rest of the lens is in great shape, after all. I will post pictures of it later today.
I'm just wondering if there was an original hood and if there are dedicated grooves or something like that on the lens to hold a specific hood. No big deal.

You don't have to post pictures of the bubble for me. If you can't see anything in the photo's it's fine.

Thanks.
11-04-2010, 11:33 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Hi Snydly

Nope, the filter is a normal screw type, so any screw mounted hood will do.

The pictures of the front lens element as below - i am not really good at this and am just using the lighting in my room, but I've tried my best to show the front element. The glass is in really good shape, and the only blemish is the bubble:

Now to show the (really small) bubble:

---------- Post added 11-04-10 at 11:31 PM ----------

Some more pictures I got out of this today. Lighting was overcast, which explains the low key tone. Still, the sharpness and bokeh of this lens shines through