Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-03-2010, 07:06 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 63 (100%)
[SOLD] Nikkor and Olympus primes converted to Pentax K-mount (Worldwide)

Here are some beautiful Nikon and Olympus lenses that have been converted to K-mount. I bought them from a friend who was selling his pentax gear and had converted many different lenses to use on his K-7.

Please note ALL lenses have been permanently converted. Stopping down is manual using the aperture ring and meter fine Av mode. Infinity focus is guaranteed.

Prices in $USD.

Shipping via the slow boat is $10 within Canada, $15 to US, $20 International (no tracking available internationally for this method). For insured, express shipping, please add $15 within Canada or the US, or $40 international (I know it's a lot, but Canada Post prices are pretty high for shipping compared to the USPS). Please no first time posters unless you have a verified paypal account and are willing to pay express, insured shipping.

I'll try and find photos taken with the lenses, but I was using them all around the same time and my exif data only reveals the focal length (if I even got that right). I no longer have a Pentax body, so cannot take photos with them at the moment.

Olympus OM-System G. Zuiko Auto-W 35mm f/2.8 - $50
EX condition. No marks on glass. Aperture and focus are smooth and free of any problems. There is some fine dust inside, but nothing that would affect the image.
small, cheap 35! front and rear caps (rear cap is olympus, but still fits) Comes with case too!
Olympus (OM) Zuiko 35mm f/2.8 Lens Review

Olympus OM-System Zuiko Auto-W 24mm f/2.8 - $180
EX condition. No marks on glass. Aperture and focus are smooth, though there's a slight resistance when focusing to closest distance. Fine dust inside, but nothing that would affect the image. A small nick in the silver band, but otherwise the body is in great condition.
A well-regarded gem, in a really compact body. I a test by 16-9.net it trounced the manual focus competition and even held its own against the big boys (including the Canon 24/1.4).
comes with front and rear caps and case.
24mm Final Test: Nikon 17-35mm v Canon 24mm L v Olympus 24mm f2.8
"The Olympus is astoundingly good at f5.6-8 at distance, and produced the highest resolution captures of anything shot thus far at 24mm. "

Nikkor 24mm / 2.8 AIS -- [SOLD] $180
EX condition. No marks on glass. Aperture and focus are very smooth and free of any problems. There is some fine dust inside, but nothing that would affect the image.
Includes a screw-in metal hood and cap.
I like the out of focus rendering of this lens--the 7 aperture blades make for a really pleasing image.
excerpt from Wide-Angle Lenses For Nikon 'F' Mount
"Nikon released its major achievement, CRC (Close Range Correction) with this lens in 1968 and it got a well-deserved popularity in the years afterwards. It gives very sharp images corner-to-corner even at the near limit thanks to CRC, but beware of field curvature if you are shooting perfectly flat subjects at close range. Some light fall-off towards the corners is evident at f/2.8 and gone by f/4-f/5.6. Set the lens to f/5.6-f/11 to get the best picture quality, but do not stop down to f/22 unless absolutely necessary. It provides excellent results when an ultra-thin K1 ring is added, and gives good results with a 4T close-up lens if some corner softness is accepted. The 24/2.8 MF Nikkor is a classic lens in the Nikon line and one that remains a dependable workhorse to this day."

Nikkor 28mm / 2.8 AIS -- [SOLD] $180
Amazing close focus ability to .20m!
EX condition. No marks on glass. Aperture and focus are very smooth and free of any problems. A bit of grit in the focusing feel and more fine dust inside than the rest, but nothing that affects IQ.
Includes a screw-in metal hood and cap.
excerpt from Wide-Angle Lenses For Nikon 'F' Mount
"Nikon designed this lens to yield sharp images even used for close-up photography. This was achieved thanks to its advanced 8-element design and a CRC feature acting on the front elements as with the 28/2 Nikkor. Images taken up close really are extremely sharp in the middle part of the picture and sharpness extends quite gracefully into the corners. Optimum near-focus sharpness is obtained at f/5.6 and f/8. For distant scenes, however, corner sharpness isn't that remarkable and ghosting under adverse conditions can be troublesome. There is some corner colour fringing present, too."

Nikkor 105 / 2.5 AIS - [SOLD] $180
Features nice FA 77-esque metal pull-out hood! Known to be "sharp at all apertures," this lens is great for portraits wide open.
EX condition. No marks on glass. Aperture and focus are very smooth and free of any problems. Fine dust inside with 4 or 5 visible particles in there. Nothing that will affect the image.
Medium Long Lenses For Nikon 'F' Mount
"Compared to the earlier type of the 105/2.5 Nikkor, the new formula offered even better image definition, enhanced close-range performance, and a much improved colour saturation for the multi-coated versions. It performed better than its predecessor wide open, and delivered tremendously sharp images from f/4 onwards. Flare is only a problem under the most extreme of adverse light conditions and ghosting is rarely a threat to image quality.
During the years, it has undergone some external changes, but the optical formula survived to this day. This is one of the truly great lenses of all times and a definite Nikon classic. It easily holds its own again any modern lens - what a pity that this prime lens lost its popularity during the onslaught of low-speed, medium-quality AF zooms. Oh well, the general public always get what they want - don't they."

Photos to come...

---------- Post added 11-03-10 at 10:35 AM ----------

Olympus 24 & 35 photos:

24mm mount and rear element

35mm mount and rear element

Nikkor 105/2.5 AIS

Is that a slide out metal hood, or are you just happy to see me?

Last edited by farfisa; 11-03-2010 at 03:06 PM. Reason: updated sold items
11-03-2010, 08:18 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 105 (100%)
PM sent on 105/2.5.

---------- Post added 11-03-10 at 09:49 AM ----------

Payment sent.
11-03-2010, 08:53 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by deadwolfbones Quote
PM sent on 105/2.5.

---------- Post added 11-03-10 at 09:49 AM ----------

Payment sent.
Thanks! 105 is sold!

---------- Post added 11-03-10 at 06:06 PM ----------

All the Nikkor lenses are now sold--thanks!

Anybody for Oly's?

---------- Post added 11-05-10 at 12:32 PM ----------

Hey all,

I'll be away this weekend, Nov 5-7th, but will respond to the hundreds of PM's for thes super-fantastic Olympus lenses when I return.

Have a good one!
11-08-2010, 10:32 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Olympus 24 and 35 still available!

11-08-2010, 11:41 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 105 (100%)
For those wary of buying from Canada due to shipping times... my lens got here today after I purchased it on Thursday. Super quick!