Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-05-2010, 12:41 PM   #1
Banned

Feedback Score: 1 (100%)
[SOLD] Tokina AT-X 90mm Macro with 1:1 extender...The Bokina (Worldwide)

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Great Glass...A*300mm F4, (SOLD) and the Tokina AT-X 90mm Macro (The Bokina)

Asking Price
$625 USA

Item Location
North Carolina, USA

Item Description
I have two very good working samples of professional glass for your Pentax digital camera.

The first item for sale is the Pentax SMC A*300mm F4 telephoto lens. The glass/optics are without blemish and the items works perfectly. There is the odd cosmetic scratch and paint chipping as the photos depict, but nothing that would hamper performance now and into the next decade. Caps included of course. I'm asking $625 for the lens and shipping in the USA will be $25. Shipping elsewhere will be according to my costs.

The 2nd item for sale is the legendary Tokina AT-X 90mm F2.5 macro lens, known as the Bokina. Mine comes with the 1:1 extender and the leather case and all caps. I notice there appears to be a little dust inside the elements, but nothing severe and nothing that affects image quality. Otherwise, the glass/optics is without blemish. I am asking $340 for this item and shipping in the USA will be $25. Shipping elsewhere will be according to my costs.

I love these lenses and the image quality they provide, but unfortunately old and deteriorating eyesight is forcing me to sell both of these manual lenses.

FYI, I go by the handle "allison1954" on Ebay and have a perfect 100% rating with that company. I charge you a fair and discounted price and you get what I describe.

Here are a few images of the actual products up for sale.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Good

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
$25

Shipping Services
UPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal Gift Option only

Return Policy & Additional Details
I guarantee the product to be as described and that you will be happy with this purchase and given the discounted price. If you are unhappy with the purchase, I also guarantee that we will work out the details.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Attached Images

Last edited by donallison13; 11-08-2010 at 01:45 PM. Reason: One item has been sold
11-05-2010, 01:28 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 105 (100%)
Wow, such pretty gear.
11-05-2010, 02:13 PM   #3
Banned

Original Poster
Here's a couple from the A*300mm.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tarheel1313/3085219931/#/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tarheel1313/3088219206/

And ya'll know what the Tokina can do to macros and bokeh; well, here's the Tokina as a portrait lens.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tarheel1313/3953623649/

Last edited by donallison13; 11-05-2010 at 02:21 PM. Reason: image to imbed
11-05-2010, 03:19 PM   #4

Feedback Score: 39 (100%)
Two and a half hours and the bokina is still not taken?

Don -- sincerely sorry to read you have to let these manual focus beauties go; it was your praise of the bokina that prompted me to buy one. I'd hate to have to sell it.

11-05-2010, 03:37 PM   #5
Banned

Original Poster
Heh, Duncan, long time no hear. Yes, I love the Tokina and there is no finer glass IMHO, but I went thru Lasik a couple of years back and I find that MF is a hit and miss thing with me. And since I bought the Sigma EX DG 180mm Macro (which focuses great on my K20D), I find that this venerable old piece of magic glass just sits in the bag with the silica sacs. The same goes for the A*300mm since I recently picked up the Sigma 100-300mm F4. I'm just not getting the miles out of this great glass. Hopefully some younger fellow or gal will make them shine. All the best. Don
11-05-2010, 04:08 PM   #6

Feedback Score: 6 (100%)
I used to own the 300/4 A*, and still do have the Tokina 90/2.5, I thought I'd mention if anyone has the 1.7x AF adapter, it works really well with both of these lenses and turns them into very nice and a bit more telephoto autofocus lenses.

Last edited by kathyk; 11-06-2010 at 01:47 PM.
11-06-2010, 05:47 AM   #7
Banned

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kathyk Quote
I used to own the 300/4 A*, and still do have the Tokina 90/2.5, I thought I'd mention if anyone has the 1.7x AF adapter, it works really well with both of these lenses and turns them into very nice nice and a bit more telephoto autofocus lenses.
Thanks, Kathy. So true. In fact, the 1:1 extender for the Tokina takes it to a pure 1:1 macro lens, and there isn't another macro lens out there that will provide the level of detail of this lens.

FWIW: There will be NO PRICE REDUCTIONS on these two items. They will be up for sale for 1 week on this Forum, and then they will go on Ebay at the upset prices you see here. So, if anyone wants either of these lenses at the quoted prices, first come first served. I will be out most of the weekend but hope to check in a couple of times. Best of luck. Don

11-06-2010, 01:14 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 12 (100%)
bump for the Tokina 90. such a nice lens in a complete package. I see that you have it's original case as well. any buyer would be extremely happy with it.

[
11-07-2010, 06:44 AM   #9
Banned

Original Poster
Thanks, Pentaxor. You know, I'd be very happy if this lens doesn't sell. An Omen to me to keep it I would suspect. I believe the A*300mm might be gone as I type here, but nothing confirmed at this time. For those who might not know me, and might be a bit reluctant given my lack of history on the Forum, fear not. The following link to my E-Bay feedback (at 100%), should alleviate any concern. eBay My World - allison1954 So, if anyone wants these lenses at the discount they're going for, you really should get in contact with me sometime this week. Next weekend, they won't be here. Happy clicking to all. Don in Carolina

Last edited by donallison13; 11-07-2010 at 06:45 AM. Reason: correction minor
11-08-2010, 12:04 AM   #10
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 21 (100%)
Payment sent for A*300mm
11-08-2010, 05:01 AM   #11
Banned

Original Poster
Payment received. Lens to be shipped out later this afternoon. Congratulations, Yusuf, you got yourself a great piece of glass.

For all you other lurkers, please, and I mean, PLEASE, stay away from the Tokina AT-X 90mm. Yes, I know, they don't make them like this, and it comes with the converter and leather carrying case, and, yes, it is a legendary lens with the most fantastic OOF renderings (bokeh) of any lens you'll ever use. No, please stay away, go get yourself a flimsy HSM macro made out of Vietnam. Seriously, I think I made a mistake putting this beauty up for sale and might just pull it later this week. Regardless, it will be on sale here until Friday. Don in Carolina

---------- Post added 11-08-10 at 04:23 PM ----------

To the Moderator, whomever: Thanks for the title change. Well, here she be, the Legendary Tokina Bokina. And an image from this fine lens that some of you may have seen in the past. Cheers. Don
Attached Images

Last edited by donallison13; 11-08-2010 at 04:29 PM. Reason: corrections
11-08-2010, 06:07 PM   #12
Banned

Original Poster
PM sent on the Tokina. Might be gone in the next couple of hours. Don

---------- Post added 11-09-10 at 07:25 AM ----------

Tokina has been SOLD. Ya'll missed out on these special optics. Best deal in the marketplace without a doubt...and now they are gone. But....I may have the best of the 50mms for sale, and that would be the SMC F 50mm, F1:1.4. I have used them all, and the FA 50mm just doesn't compare. Sharpest lens that I've ever used on my K20D, and that includes the Tokina, 31mm Ltd. etc. If anyone wants it for $310, then drop me a line. Cheers. Don
11-20-2010, 01:44 PM   #13
Banned

Original Poster
Sorry for any confusion...the SMC F 50mm, F1:1.4 has been pulled from sale. I just can't let this beauty go at this time. My apologies for any confusion with the above. Don