Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-14-2010, 06:11 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 110 (100%)
[SOLD] Pentax F 1.7x AF Adapter (New) (Worldwide)

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Pentax F 1.7x AF Adapter (New)

Asking Price
US$349

Item Location
Tokyo, Japan

Item Description
Pentax F 1.7x AF Adapter

I have 4 available for immediate shipment.

Apologies for the price increase. My supplier has decided to increase my buy price by 10% and the strong Japanese yen has not helped. Furthermore, I have been advised that there will be another price increase come December 1st.

Anyone considering getting one for Christmas is best advised to get in early.

Item condition:
- Brand new, unused.

I would rate the condition of this converter as mint. This item is un-opened box, never used. This item comes with open warranty certificate, but I'm not sure if Pentax warranty is transferable from the original owner (me). For obvious reasons, I'm unable to supply the original purchase receipt. It would be best to assume that this item has no manufacturer's warranty. I am, however, willing to offer a 30 day money back warranty in the unlikely event that something goes wrong.

Item description:
This converter is suitable for all digital and 35mm film SLR cameras, which has a Pentax K-mount.

This adapter needs no introduction. If you're looking at this listing, you should know all the details already. However, to be fair to the newbies, I will state that this adapter not only works as a 1.7x teleconverter, but it also adapts an older manual focus lens into an autofocus lens. So, in effect, your 50mm f1.4 manual focus lens becomes an 85mm f2.5 autofocus lens!

Other included items:
- This converter comes complete with both front and rear caps, soft pouch, instruction manual (Japanese), warranty certificate (see note above), and box as per original package.

See picture below.

Click on images for a larger view.

Complete package

Payment method:
- I can only accept payment via PayPal. Please complete your payment process as promptly as possible to avoid delays in shipping.

Postage and handling:
- Item will ship from Japan via EMS (Express Mail Service), usually within 2 business days after receipt of payment.
- Item should arrive at your destination in 5~10 days after despatch. However, this is an estimate only and may vary considerably depending on many circumstances.
- I can provide tracking number and web address to check the progress of your parcel.
- Item will be shipped to your PayPal registered address only.
- Insurance is included in the postage.

Custom duties and taxes:
- Any duties and taxes payable upon entry into your country is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY.
- Please research your country's laws and regulations carefully before buying.

Returns policy:
- 30 day money back warranty. Usual policy applies. (e.g. Does not cover accidental damage, abuse, etc.)
- All returns must be pre-approved and packaged properly.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
New

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
US$22 - US, Canada, Australia. Please enquire for others.

Shipping Services
EMS (Express Mail Service)

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
Please refer above for full details.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

11-14-2010, 11:36 AM   #2

Feedback Score: 2 (100%)
Somebody please share some experience about the custom/duties in the united states for such items. If its not as intimidating as it sounds - I am hoping to get one by Christmas.
11-14-2010, 09:59 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 28 (100%)
Tom,
I have been meaning to ask you about what duties have been running on these coming to the U.S.A.
11-15-2010, 12:08 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
In all honesty, I have not idea how much duty is payable on this item going to USA. Duty is payable by the receiver and I don't get any notice from the Customs.

I do get reports back from some buyers all over the world saying that they had to pay duty. It does appear, though, that MOST (not all) packages destined to addresses within USA seem to get through without being charged.

HOWEVER, this does not mean YOU will not be charged. It's basically a lottery and you are either lucky or not.

Cheers,
Tom

11-15-2010, 12:25 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 52 (100%)
If there is any duty, I don't think it would be very large. Based on a lens I got from South Africa (which was more expensive), I'd say it would cost less than $20, and very possibly less than $10.
11-15-2010, 12:42 AM   #6
Forum Member

Feedback Score: 8 (100%)
Hi All, as far as I know ( well this is how it works in Europe ) the situation is the following. The item is being charged based on the Value which is declared upon shipment. The charges here are: VAT + Clo ( Customs fee ). So in theory if your VAT is 20% ( I believe in states you don't have such high VAT rates ) there will be something like: Price 100 USD gets to 120 USD including VAT + Customs fee ( something they are getting because they are checking the packages ).

BTW I heard today on the radio that USA won't accept anymore packages over the AIR ( only round mainly coming via ships ) being said this is because of the security...
11-19-2010, 06:02 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
3 left.

11-19-2010, 10:44 AM   #8

Feedback Score: 1 (100%)
I bought on from Tom last month. I received it the same week in about 4 days. I did not have to pay any duty.
11-19-2010, 11:39 AM   #9

Feedback Score: 4 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by chillcc Quote
I bought on from Tom last month. I received it the same week in about 4 days. I did not have to pay any duty.
with TOM, you are always on the safe side

is a great
11-20-2010, 03:32 PM   #10

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
In Australia you only get charged duty if the amount to be charged is over $50, which corresponds to a total declared value (ie including shipping) of about $1000.

Nick
11-22-2010, 04:57 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
2 left.
11-23-2010, 07:58 PM   #12
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 31 (100%)
I purchased from Tom about a month or so, and I didn't pay any duty to CONUS and it arrived in just a few days, faster than I've gotten local stuff here in the states. Fantastic seller!!
11-23-2010, 08:06 PM   #13
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Feedback Score: 40 (100%)
FYI- you should use the feedback system for such comments (if you haven't already).

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-23-2010, 11:51 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 17 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by ndolling Quote
In Australia you only get charged duty if the amount to be charged is over $50, which corresponds to a total declared value (ie including shipping) of about $1000.
Nick
In the interest of clearing any misinformation, Aust imposes no duty on camera/electronic products. Theoretically what applies is GST @10% on all non-food stuff but thanks to a rare ATO's generosity they let packages <Au$1,000 in free (they can't be bothered with collecting $100 or less each, believe it or not). But enjoy while it lasts, retailers are making big noises against this generosity so it may get the chop soon.
11-27-2010, 01:57 AM   #15
Veteran Member

Original Poster
1 left.