Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-14-2010, 10:58 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 15 (100%)
[SOLD] XR Rikenon 50mm F1.4, 2 M42 Sigmas (Worldwide)

The K-5 monster must be fed, so I'm unloading a few lenses...

First up, a Ricoh XR Rikenon 50mm F1.4, s/n 177062. I recently picked this up along with a Ricoh film camera, intending to keep them both. The camera's shutter locked up after one shot, and now the lens is a good candidate for paying for a K-5. This one's in pretty nice shape, with bright clear lettering and no scratches to speak of. The 8 aperture blades move freely and the aperture and focus rings move smoothly. The glass generally looks nice... except that if I look very closely, I do see a few small tendrils here and there near the edges. Fungus? Maybe - I can't guarantee it's not. Anyway, it shouldn't affect the image quality at all. Included are the original plastic push-on front cap and a generic rear cap.

This is K-mount lens without any Ricoh pin. It functions perfectly on all Pentax DSLRs, you just need to do stop-down metering.

These seem to be pretty rare so I'm not really sure what they're worth. The only one I could find sold a couple weeks ago on eBay with a BIN of $110. So, let's start at $70 + $11 shipping to the US? Internationally, it'd be whatever USPS charged for Int'l Priority, 3 lbs, rounded up to the next dollar.

Here's a test shot with the lens on my K-7.

Next up, a pair of Sigma M42 lenses. Right off the bat, both of these lenses do not have an Auto/Manual switch - they have a buttom on the side to stop them down. If you're planning on using them on a DSLR - and I assume you are - you will probably want to secure the pin. A dab of crazy glue should do the trick, or pull the mount off and do it that way.

First, the Mini-Wide 28mm F2.8. These lenses have generally been pretty well regarded, and I still have the K-mount "A" version that I bought new years ago. This one has some paint loss on the filter ring (no denting) and it looks like some inside aluminum pieces have had a couple tiny spots where paint has flecked off. The glass itself is quite good. The 6 aperture blades move perfectly and the aperture and focus rings move smoothly. The focus is a little tight compared to a Takumar but I believe this is normal for the lens. There are no caps for it.

You don't see these in M42 too often (at least, I haven't) so again, it's hard to set the value... how about $20 + shipping (same price as above)?

Here's a test shot with the lens.

Next up is his big brother, the Sigma Pan-Focus 135mm F2.8 in M42 mount. As far as I can tell, Pan-Focus just means that it goes to F64 where pretty much everything is in focus. I never got around to using this one much (I'd usually reach for the Zeiss when I needed an M42 135mm) but it seems pretty good from the little bit I have used it. This one has seen less use than the 28mm and is in very nice shape. The body is very clean, the focus moves smoothly (and feels much looser and Takumar-like than the 28mm), and the 6 aperture blades move perfectly. There's no rear cap but it has the original metal push-on cap (also in quite nice condition) and the original leather carrying case.

This is another one that is pretty rare so it's hard to gauge value. How about $35 + shipping (same as the others)? Or... both the 28mm and 135mm for $50?

This first shot shows the built-in pull-out lens hood extended.

Here's a test shot. You could probably do sharper; it's a one-second exposure with me squeezing the stop-down button so there's probably a small amount of shake (and no SR since I was using the 2-second delay.)

I've got some more lenses but that'll be enough for tonight.

Last edited by Groucho; 11-21-2010 at 11:58 AM.
11-21-2010, 11:58 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Bump, and I dropped the prices. I've got the K-5 now so I need to get some sales happening!
11-30-2010, 10:39 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Any takers at $60 for the Rikenon and $40 for both Sigmas?