Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-28-2010, 12:26 PM   #1

Feedback Score: 41 (100%)
[SOLD] PARTS LENS: Pentax FA 50mm f/1.4 (Worldwide)

SOLD USD$35 + shipping | SMC Pentax FA 50mm f/1.4

Original owner: Yes

Condition: Broken

Front & rear elements are clean, interior shows no sign of haze or fungus or dust. Aperture blades are clean & dry and were smooth & snappy when the lens functioned. Only problem is...it fell apart, resulting in damage to one small, inexpensive (but unobtainable) part. Details here. To protect the innards, I slotted the lens partially back together so it no longer falls apart, but it's still completely and utterly non-functional. With proper tools and parts, I suspect it can be easily taken apart and fixed. An update from the original thread:

QuoteOriginally posted by thirdofthree Quote
An update:
  • Eric has indicated the part required for repair (Product # 41001, Part # E401) is unavailable. (Repair may still require other parts, but at this point...that's the only obviously damaged piece.)
  • Pentax US parts department swiftly emailed me the FA 50 f/1.4 parts PDF, including the parts list + exploded illustration.
  • I've confirmed with Pentax-US parts dept (720-988-2653, actually outsourced to Wildernest Logistics Solutions) that the part, and its interchangeable piece (Product # 41010, Part # E401, for the F 50 f/1.7), are no longer available.
  • I've contacted the main Pentax Service Center in AZ (outsourced to C.R.I.S.) and they say they don't have parts, can't get them, and don't have any spare "parts" lenses available.
  • None of the 8 US-based authorized 3rd party Pentax service centers has this, or any other, FA 50 f/1.4 part. One shop, (Forster's Camera Service), says they have a mountain of "parts" lenses, but want me to send in my FA 50 before they root through the pile to see if they find an FA 50 f/1.4 or F 50 f/1.7 junker. On a side note, I was stunned to hear that several of the service centers say they throw away "junk" (i.e. parts-worthy!) lenses.
  • Pentax Customer Care, when queried about how Pentax will service FA 50mm f/1.4 lenses still under warranty, indicated they will either replace the lens outright with a new (old stock) lens, or simply refund the purchase price. (Of course, my lens is out of warranty.)
My vague recollection is that Eric's price for repair was in the neighborhood of $60, but you'll have to check with him on pricing if you're able to find the part. If you find the part, you could have a mighty fine lens for a great price! I have to believe there are busted or abandoned FA 50 f/1.4 and f/1.7 lenses out there with the necessary part intact, I'm just not willing to put any more effort into tracking down the part.

Package Information

Weight: 1 pound 5 ounces
Size (if applicable): 8" x 8" x 8"

Payment Options

Paypal.
  1. For all shipping options except International Shipping #3: Payment via Goods purchase. Buyer and seller split Paypal fees.
  2. For International Shipping option #3: Payment via Personal Gift sourced from Paypal balance or bank account only. Buyer and seller split Paypal fees.

Shipping Options:
  1. Domestic US: USPS Priority Mail, including delivery confirmation.
  2. USPS Express or Priority Mail International, with Return Receipt (only a limited # of countries provide this service via USPS; most do not), insured for full sale value. No, I won't reduce the value to save on customs duties. Seller assumes liability until delivery.
  3. USPS Express or Priority Mail International, without Return Receipt (but with Certificate of Mailing to prove shipment). No, I won't reduce the value to save on customs duties. Buyer assumes ALL liability upon seller's proof of shipment. To be clear: if something goes wrong after seller ships item -- delivery delay or failure, lost or damaged package or contents, etc. -- buyer is fully liable and seller bears no liability or responsibility. I will consider this option on a discretionary, case-by-case basis only.

Calculate Shipping Rate

Domestic Price Calculator
  1. From ZIP: 60202
  2. To ZIP: your ZIP code
  3. Select Date & Time (using default is fine)
  4. Select Shape: Package
  5. Enter Weight: 1 pound 5 ounces
  6. Select Service Level: Priority Mail (not Flat Rate box)
  7. Press Add Extra Services
  8. Add Delivery Confirmation
  9. Add Insurance for Marketplace price
  10. Review and consider total shipping price

International Price Calculator
  1. Select Country
  2. Select Shape: Package
  3. Enter Weight
  4. Press Continue
  5. Select Service Level: Express or Priority Mail International (not Flat Rate box)
  6. Press Add Extra Services
  7. Add Certificate of Mailing (if available)
  8. Add Return Receipt (if available)
  9. Add Insurance for Marketplace price
  10. Review and consider total shipping price

Last edited by thirdofthree; 12-10-2010 at 03:30 PM.
11-28-2010, 12:50 PM   #2
Forum Member

Feedback Score: 8 (100%)
Hi,

try the following thread. It might be useful as somebody is looking for broken one

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/wanted-items/121858-wanted-looking-broken...-50-1-4-a.html
11-28-2010, 01:42 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 16 (100%)
pm sent
12-08-2010, 01:11 PM   #4

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
Очень нужен этот объектв!
Свяжитесь со мной пожалуйста!

pinch100@yandex.ru

12-08-2010, 02:17 PM   #5
Forum Member

Feedback Score: 5 (100%)
Pm sent for shipping cost information
12-09-2010, 08:33 AM   #6

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
Cost of delivery of $15.35.

First-Class Mail® International Package (1 pounds 5 ounces) $14.20
Certificate of Mailing 1.15
Total $15.35

On what Paypal address to make remittance?