Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-28-2010, 12:27 PM   #1

Feedback Score: 41 (100%)
[SOLD] A* 300/4, Vivitar 105/2.5 Macro, FA 20-35/4, Sigma 2x EX TC, A 135/2.8 (World

I took these lenses off the market due to personal and professional commitments taking up too much time -- I couldn't offer reasonably swift shipping. For now, I'm in a better position to manage the sales. So...back on the market!

All prices have been lowered, are firm, and include shipping and insurance to CONUS. Other destinations by arrangement only. (See bottom section for information on payment, shipping & insurance, returns, etc.) If I decide to lower my prices or accept best offers, I'll update this post.

USD$170 firm (incl shipping, see below) | Sigma APO 2x EX (non-DG) TC

Original owner: No

Functional Condition: Excellent
Cosmetic Condition: Excellent

Purchased from a fellow PFer in September 2009. Designed specifically for the Sigma 70-200 f/2.8. Sold my 70-200 some time ago, so have no need for it any longer. If you follow the lens forum, this lens + TC combination gets recommended all the time -- for good reason. While the DG coating is supposed to offer protection against flare and ghosting, I've never noticed any flare or ghosting in my images using the non-DG version.

For reference, the Sigma lens compatibility list.

Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4

Includes:
  • Teleconverter
  • Asahi Pentax front & generic KR rear caps

SOLD USD$350 firm (incl shipping, see below) | Vivitar Series 1 105mm VMC f/2.5 1:1 Macro

Cosmetic Condition: Excellent

Purchased from a fellow PFer in August 2010 (original MP listing). I admit: this was a pure LBA acquisition. I simply haven't used it enough, though the few shots I took with it quickly revealed why it has such legendary status. Wow! That said, I've decided to enjoy my smaller, lighter weight A 100mm f4 for the very limited macro shooting I do.

Front & rear elements are clean, interior shows no sign of haze or fungus. There's a wee bit of internal dust -- as one might expect in an older lens -- but it's very small and has no impact on IQ. Focus ring is smooth and well damped. Aperture blades are clean, dry, smooth, and snappy.

Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Includes:
  • Lens w/ built-in hood
  • Front & rear caps
  • Original leather case with strap

SOLD USD$110 firm (incl shipping, see below) | SMC Pentax A 135mm f/2.8

Cosmetic Condition: Bargain (KEH's rating)

Another embarrassment due to LBA. Purchased from KEH after which I failed to remember I'd also initiated an auto-snipe bid for one on eBay (which I subsequently won). The eBay copy was in marginally cleaner condition and came with cap & lens, so I'm unloading the KEH copy. Priced less than it was on KEH, and my price includes shipping (while KEH shipping costs extra.)

Front element contains a wee little blemish near the edge. In my testing, I've not found it visible in any images. Rear element is clean. Interior shows no sign of haze or fungus. There's a bit of internal dust -- as one might expect in an older lens -- but it's small and has no impact on IQ. Focus ring is smooth and well damped. Aperture blades are clean, dry, smooth, and snappy.

Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4

Includes:
  • Lens

SOLD USD$315 firm (incl shipping, see below) | SMC Pentax-FA 20-35mm f/4 AL

Cosmetic Condition: Good

Purchased on eBay April 2009. I'd rate the cosmetic condition excellent if it wasn't for some very minor cosmetic blemishes on the hood (see photos 6-7). I absolutely love this lightweight, compact lens and really enjoy the color and rendering. This lens has served well as my wide-ish to normal walkaround (while my FA 28-105 f3.2-4.5 serves as my normal to tele walkaround). Not surprisingly, tihs lens receives excellent PF user reviews. If I started shooting film, too, or if Pentax came out with a FF DSLR, I would jump all over this lens once again.

Front & rear elements are clean, interior shows no sign of haze or fungus or dust. Focus ring is smooth and lightly damped (as is the case with all the FA lenses I've had, i.e. not the same degree of damping as MF lenses). Aperture blades are clean, dry, smooth, and snappy.

Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Includes:
  • Lens
  • Original hood
  • Pentax front & rear caps

SOLD USD$550 firm (incl shipping, see below) | SMC Pentax A* 300mm f/4

Cosmetic Condition: Good

Purchased on eBay in May 2010. Like many others, I'm amazed at the compactness and IQ of this lens. I simply couldn't resist an F* 300mm, so this one has to go.

Front & rear elements are clean, interior shows no sign of haze or fungus. There's a wee bit of internal dust -- as one might expect in an older lens -- but it's very small and has no impact on IQ. Focus ring is smooth and well damped. Aperture blades are clean, dry, smooth, and snappy.

Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Includes:
  • Lens w/ built-in hood
  • Pentax front & rear caps
  • Original leather case

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Shipping

USA -- prices include FedEx Ground / Home Delivery to Paypal-confirmed addresses, including insurance for full sale value, delivery confirmation, and required delivery signature.

Canada -- Same as USA, but pay the price difference between the nearest USA metro area and buyer's location.

International -- Pay actual shipping costs in addition to listed price. Three options:
  1. FedEx / DHL or UPS, including insurance for full sale value (no, I won't reduce the value to save on customs duties), delivery confirmation, and required delivery signature. Seller assumes liability until delivery.
  2. USPS Express or Priority Mail International, with Return Receipt (only a limited # of countries provide this service via USPS; most do not), insured for full sale value (no, I won't reduce the value to save on customs duties). Seller assumes liability until delivery.
  3. USPS Express or Priority Mail International, without Return Receipt, insured for full sale value (no, I won't reduce the value to save on customs duties). Buyer assumes ALL liability upon seller's proof of shipment. To be clear: if something goes wrong after seller ships item -- delivery delay or failure, lost or damaged package or contents, etc. -- buyer is fully liable and seller bears no liability or responsibility. I will consider this option on a discretionary, case-by-case basis only.
Payment Options

Paypal.
  1. For all shipping options except International Shipping #3: Payment via Goods purchase. Buyer and seller split Paypal fees.
  2. For International Shipping option #3: Payment via Personal Gift sourced from Paypal balance or bank account only. Buyer and seller split Paypal fees.
Purchase Returns

Buyers have 48 hrs after confirmed receipt to test / review and ensure the item meets their satisfaction and seller's description. If buyer is not satisfied, buyer must ship lens to seller via the same carrier, service level, and service options (or alternative carrier, service level, and service options as mutually agreed). Buyer is responsible for all return shipping costs, customs duties, fees, and assumes all liability until seller confirms receipt and condition of returned goods. Upon receipt of returned goods and confirmation of contents and condition, I'll refund the full purchase price, less original shipping costs and any applicable Paypal fees.

Trade Returns / Reversals

Both parties have 48 hrs after receipt to test / review and ensure the items meet their satisfaction and trader's descriptions. If one party is not satisfied, we'll attempt to reach a resolution that doesn't require reversing the trade. But if we cannot come to agreement, both parties pay return shipping via the same carrier, service level, and options, or alternative carrier, service level, and options as mutually agreed. If money is involved, the full price will be refunded, less any applicable Paypal costs. Upon receipt and confirmation of contents and condition, and Paypal refund, both parties will consider the transaction fully reversed and closed.

Non-Delivery Returns

In the case of items returned due to non-delivery (for any reason other than seller error), buyer or trader is responsible for any and all fees associated with return and may opt <1> to cancel the trade and receive a refund (if applicable) less actual shipping and Paypal costs, or <2> for re-shipment (buyer or trader is responsible for all re-shipment costs and any additional Paypal fees).

Delays

Seller is not responsible for carrier or customs delivery delays.

Customs Duties, Fees, and Taxes

Buyer is solely responsible for complete payment of any and all customs duties, fees, and taxes during original shipment, returns, returns due to non-delivery, and/or re-shipment.

Full Contact Information

Buyer must be willing to share (privately, of course) full contact information -- legal name, home address, email, home/mobile phone #s -- to ensure multiple channels of communication in case anything goes screwy with PF.com.

Miscellaneous

This is not necessarily a first-come, first-served listing.

Contact

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by thirdofthree; 01-04-2011 at 08:40 PM. Reason: FA 20-35/4 sold. A 135/2.8 sold. A* 300/4 sold.
11-28-2010, 04:08 PM   #2

Feedback Score: 4 (100%)
Thorolf PM Sent

PM Sent.
11-28-2010, 09:22 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 6 (100%)
PM sent
12-01-2010, 10:25 PM   #4

Original Poster
FA 20-35/4 and A 135/2.8 sold. Others still available.

12-02-2010, 06:29 AM   #5

Feedback Score: 4 (100%)
3of3 - I PM thee

3rdof3 - I PM thee.
12-02-2010, 10:38 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 18 (100%)
PM sent re 300
12-06-2010, 03:46 PM   #7

Original Poster
A* 300/4 sold. Viv S1 105mm Macro & Sigma 2x TC still available.

12-17-2010, 04:06 PM   #8

Original Poster
Bumpity. Viv S1 105mm macro still available. And surely, someone with a Sigma 70-200/2.8 could put the 2x TC to good use!

Any takers?
12-26-2010, 09:45 AM   #9

Original Poster
Bumpity.
12-26-2010, 12:42 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 59 (100%)
I am surprised the Viv 105mm hasn't been snapped up. As the owner of this model, I would like to highly recommend this lens. It is one of the most outstanding Macro lenses out there, albeit manual.
01-04-2011, 08:41 PM   #11

Original Poster
Viv S1 105mm macro sold!

Sigma EX 2x TC is the only item left...any takers?