Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-02-2010, 10:06 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Feedback Score: 11 (100%)
[SOLD] Rare m28 f2.0 and A1.4XL extender

I am disposing of the remnants of my Pentax gear. I am a self confessed manual focus junkie and primarily use manual focus lenses. After migrating from Pentax to micro 4/3 gear, I kept these special lenses as I planned to use them on the micro 4/3 gear. However, since purchasing the panasonic 20mm f1.7 lens (my one and only automatic focus lens) I have not mounted my cherished 28mm lens. In addition, the added reach of the 2X multiplier means that I can use my 300mm lens without mounting the extender and get the same reach. My personal philosophy is that if I don't use the lenses, then I must pass them to someone who will use them.

Pentax M 28mm f2.0 lens. This rare lens is in excellent shape, good front glass, fast clean aperture blades, negligible dust, but does have one defect and that is a coating mark in the middle of the rear lens which is impossible to photograph. For this reason, I am selling this rare lens for $US 200, a significant discount from current market prices. I have never noticed any image defect from this coating mark, but then again, all sellers claim this. I used this lens with my K10D, for panoramic images of the Vancouver downtown. The lens comes with the original pentax case, in unblemished shape, front and rear pentax lens caps (hard to say whether they are original), and a takumar 28mm f3.5 square lens hood, which I love for its totally retro look. The hood has some scrapes which I used a black marker pen to hide. I purchased this lens used from a local retailer.

Pentax A 1.4XL extender SOLD This hard to find lens is in great shape, I purchased it as New Old Stock from a local retailer, and it comes with original case, caps and box. There was some dust in the lens when I purchased it so I negotiated a small price discount. I used this converter with my modified Canon fd 200mm macro, 300mm, 400mm lenses and found that it had a negligible effect on image sharpness and contrast, even though I used it with Canon long lenses rather than pentax lenses. I am offering this like new converter to this market place for $US200. The opening of the 400mm lens was a little tight and marked the side of the converter barrel that encloses the extended forward lens. These marks are entirely cosmetic and have no effect on the lens performance. Please click here for posted shots using this converter with Canon lenses.

I will post images of the lenses and their accessories on Friday.
Please note that the prices do not include postage, which will be an additional $15-25 depending upon destination. I will swallow the paypal fees.

I have sold and purchased lenses on this forum before and have an unblemished ebay record under the username gscara.

Last edited by gscara; 12-03-2010 at 10:46 AM. Reason: Adding Pictures
12-03-2010, 06:43 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 24 (100%)
PM Sent on M28/2
12-03-2010, 07:31 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 60 (100%)
PM sent for TC.
12-03-2010, 08:44 AM   #4
Veteran Member

PM sent.

12-03-2010, 10:33 AM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
The A1.4XL is now sold. Thank you G. Money.

The 28mm f2 is pending sale.