Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-27-2007, 01:49 AM   #1

Feedback Score: 2 (100%)
[SOLD] FS: Pentax K 50/1.2 lens on ebay

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

I'm selling a K 50/1.2 lens to fund other purchases.

Pentax K 50 1.2 SLR lens K50/1.2 50mm f/1.2 - eBay Pentax, 35mm SLR Cameras, Film Cameras, Lenses, Cameras. (end time 03-Oct-07 11:40:18 AEST)

09-27-2007, 09:41 AM   #2
Igilligan

Feedback Score: (%)
Hi I am new to the Pentax Forums. I was wondering why you did not put the lens up for sale here? Giving other forum members a chance first? Just wondering?
09-27-2007, 10:57 AM   #3

Feedback Score: 7 (100%)
Yup, I been thinking the same thing lately. The forum shouldn't be a place to advertise your auctions. Offer them here first. No bites, then move them to the bay...
09-27-2007, 11:11 AM   #4

Feedback Score: 11 (100%)
--------i agree.

09-27-2007, 11:34 AM   #5

Feedback Score: 6 (100%)
I agree. When I want to shop at ebay, I do so via the searches I have there.

Other forums allow members to post links to ebay as long as the subject line is clearly prefixed "FA".

FWIW/Scottax1
09-27-2007, 12:36 PM   #6

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
He put "on ebay" in the subject line, it doesn't get much clearer than that. I don't think it's very good form to be discussing this in someone else's for sale thread. If it bothers anyone they should start their own thread or contact those in charge of the site.

Matthew
09-27-2007, 09:12 PM   #7

Original Poster
Thanks for the support, Matthew.

For all - please read the "sticky" post at the head of this forum, which sets out the rules established by the owner of this forum.
"Marketplace Regulations
-If a thread is closed, the item listed is no longer available (or no longer being looked for)
-False promotional information within item listings is not tolerated and will be removed upon discovery
-Do not post links to eBay auctions that are not yours
-Only photography equipment may be sold in this section
-Do not publicly comment on others' asking prices
-Please acquaint yourself with the official forum rules for specifics on the Marketplace section"
The rule I've bolded above implies that a post linking to my own ebay listing is certainly acceptable, and I see that other members have also posted links to their own listings. The lens is available to members here as well as to ebay users. If you don't have an ebay account, you can always contact me via this forum, with an offer. Sorry, but I can't afford to offer a "special deal" to anyone simply because they are a member of this forum. I paid good money for the lens (probably too much ), and I need to get a return on that to fund my next camera purchase.

09-27-2007, 09:25 PM   #8
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Feedback Score: 40 (100%)
Hi Chris,

Just to clarify and confirm, I have absolutely nothing against the posting of eBay links in the Marketplace. Though I agree that many users would enjoy having items listed through the Marketplace first, whether or not you do so is up to you. It's the flexibility of being able to choose that sets our site apart from many others!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-27-2007, 10:48 PM   #9

Original Poster
Hi Mo

Thanks for that. I was pretty certain I had understood your intention. I think the flexibility you allow is a very welcome thing considering the way some other forums operate, and most of the members here have the nouse to work out what is reasonable. Cheers!
09-27-2007, 11:36 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Give me a break, lets support members

Chris could have just tossed the lens on Ebay and never posted the fact, but I for one feel grateful to get the heads up that the lens is for sale. It shouldn't make any difference to anybody if they purchase the lens directly from Chris or from Chris via Ebay. Ebay helps establish the present market value of his lens. Was somebody secretely hoping that Chris would post the lens, not realizing its real value, only on this site and that they could get a dirt cheap deal on it? Not the nicest thought. Fortunaftely Chris was a wee bit smarter than the average bear! See everyone at the auction (and may the one with the deepest pockets win)

Good Luck Chris!

P.S. Your examples on the listing showing off the depth of field (brilliant)

Spyglass
09-28-2007, 01:34 AM   #11

Feedback Score: 6 (100%)
Let's take this a step further. How about no ebay listings in general? I think it kills the entire point of a community on this site. We are supposed to be helping each other acquire and sell parts, putting an ebay link here is advertising something not even linked to this site. In fact, this is the only FS/T forum that I know where it is possible to do this.