PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
SMC Pentax A 50mm f1.7

Asking Price
$75, includes shipping

Item Location
California

Item Description
The Pentax-A 50 F1.7 lens has been favorably reviewed so many times that if you are checking out this ad I’ll assume you know something about it. But in case you’d like to have another look at a review (besides all those found at Pentaxforums.com), here’s Ken Rockwell’s assessment: Pentax 50mm f/1.7 SMC-M

I bought this lens “just in case” it might fit with my final lens kit plan after a photo equipment dealer on Ebay claimed the lens was “near mint,” and possibly never used. Upon inspection it was indeed pristine looking, and still is (since I’ve just done only a few test shots with it). But I subsequently filled the 50ish spot with another lens, which means the Pentax-A 50 F1.7 is now superfluous.

However, it isn’t quite mint since its aperture ring has the perennial Pentax-A 50 F1.7 flaw of being sticky. It has not bothered me because I keep it set to “A” on the aperture ring anyway. Otherwise, the glass, exterior and innards are scratch, fungus, and dust free. It is a tiny little thing at 165g and 1.22 inches, this copy was made in Japan. Extremely portable, you can easily stick it in your pocket. Also wonderfully sharp from F2 onward, smooth bokeh, and very nice color rendition; here’s a quick shot I took this morning at F2:

Here's pics of the lens:

Price includes shipping US Priority Mail and Paypal costs, original lens cap, rear cap, and that cute rubber collapsible lens hood you see in the picture. I will mail lens the same business day the deal is completed.

Thanks for looking.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent rating due to sticky aperture ring, otherwise in like new condition.

Shipping Destinations
Continental U.S. Only

Shipping Charge
Included in price

Shipping Services
USPS Priority Mail

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
Sale is final unless lens is not as described.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item![COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added 12-16-10 at 08:23 AM ----------

Price change.

Last edited by les3547; 12-16-2010 at 09:21 AM. Reason: Price change.