Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-24-2010, 03:52 AM   #1

Feedback Score: 60 (100%)
[SOLD] Rare Pentax K 28mm f2, (Worldwide)

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Rare Pentax K 28mm f2,

Asking Price
AU$600

Item Location
Sydney Australia

Item Description
I am selling with some regret, my rare and exquisit Pentax K 28mm f2, This lens is in pristine condition inside and out. The only thing of any consequence is some of the white paint on the embossed letting on the front cap is worn off, Comes with original front and rear caps and original leather case, which is starting to look it's age on the outside but is spotless on the inside.

Lens was made in colaboration with Zeiss and is identical optically with the Distagon T* 28mm f2

Asking AU$600 but I am not really sure what it's worth as I have not seen another one for sale, I am open to reasonable offers.

Please contact me for international postage costs.

Here's some info on it but I suspect most pentax users are aware of the history of this lens

QuoteQuote:
Zeiss 2/28mm = Pentax 2/28mm !
The old Pentax f/2 28mm series K is the siamese twin of this Contax/Yashica lens!
Before Zeiss struck the deal with Kyocera, there was a collaboration between Zeiss and Pentax, that brought to some sharing of intellectual property. That collaboration turned out only one product: the 2/28mm with floating element for the "K" series of Pentax cameras, the first line with the K bayonet instead of the M42 screw mount that was used before.
Then Zeiss asked Pentax to produce an innovative line of SRL cameras with the Contax brand, that would use Zeiss-branded lenses. Pentax refused, Zeiss turned to Kyocera (who had acquired Tomioka to do his own brand lenswork), and the only real product to benefit from that cooperation was the 2/28mm.
There is very few literature about that cooperation and about the Pentax K 2/28, but it's widely accepted that the two lenses are the same, at least optically. About the multicoating treatment of the Pentax lens i have read two different stories: one says that the lens cells came preassembled from Germany, the other says that the lenses came unmounted, and the glasses were SMC coated by Pentax in-house.
The truth is that whoever coated the glasses, it won't make any big difference: T* and SMC are two of the best multicoating techniques. There are two facts that confirm that the lenses are the same:
1) the 2/28 K is the first Pentax lens with floating element.
2) the dimensions of the two lenses are nearly the same, and it's a very strange shape indeed. The two look like a 100mm, not a wide-angle
Here's a link for more pics
Gear for sale pictures by ClarkyinAus - Photobucket

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
AU$10 registered within Australia

Shipping Services
Aust Post.

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal Other (Elaborate)

Return Policy & Additional Details
If Item is not as described full money back.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

12-24-2010, 06:19 AM   #2

Feedback Score: 10 (100%)
Hello

PM sent

thanks
12-24-2010, 04:50 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 27 (100%)
This is a superb lens that is not very common to find for sale.
Grab it while you can.

Cheers,

Luc
12-24-2010, 06:24 PM   #4

Feedback Score: 60 (100%)
Original Poster
Thanks Luc for the bump,

It appears the case is more uncommon than the lens, I have had several offers for the case only !!!