Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-26-2010, 11:53 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 9 (100%)
[ACQUIRED] Tokina Macro Extender in KA and Case

I recently acquired the Tokina 90mm f2.5 Macro lens in KA mount off of ebay (the lens only).

I'm looking for the matching Tokina Macro Extender in KA mount. I'm also looking for the case that houses both the lens and extender (as they were typically sold in a set).

I'm willing to pay in the $150-$200 range for both the extender in case, but will buy them separately as well ($125-$150 for extender and $25-$50 for case).

Please let me know if you can help!

Thanks!

Edit: I'll also buy the K (non-A) version for $75-$100 if anyone has it!

Edit 2: I'm also looking for the official hood, $30 to anyone who wants to sell one!

Last edited by jeffshaddix; 02-04-2011 at 08:30 PM.
01-10-2011, 09:44 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Update, I'm also looking for the matching hood! Will pay ~$40!
01-11-2011, 07:54 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 39 (100%)
I was fortunate to get both the ATX 90mm/2.5 and its matching 1:1 adapter as a pair (but in K mount, not KA). Didn't get the hood with it.

Hope you are able to find the pieces you're looking for -- but don't let the fact that you're missing them spoil your enjoyment of this fantastic lens. It really is the sharpest knife in the drawer, and has the most amazing creamy bokeh I've ever encountered: "The Bokina"
01-11-2011, 08:25 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Thanks duncsuus! Yeah this lens is incredible! I'm planning on posting a review once I can get outside to take more pictures. At the moment if I go outside for more than 5 minutes my fingers freeze off! :P

Do you find you use the macro extender very often?

01-12-2011, 12:29 PM   #5
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 39 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by jeffshaddix Quote
At the moment if I go outside for more than 5 minutes my fingers freeze off! :P
It's snowing here ... not really cold, but over a foot deep makes it tricky to get the door open. Hope the garage door isn't frozen, that's our only way out.

QuoteQuote:
Do you find you use the macro extender very often?
Not as often as I thought I would, tbh.

It limits the far focus and makes the DOF so thin that for several weeks I thought it was defective; turned out that was just me not using it properly, but all the same it's hopeless if you're trying to shoot anything that moves (e.g. flowers on a slightly windy day).

Then take into account that the smaller frame size means that you can't fit as much into the frame as you would with a 35mm film camera and to me the reasons for wanting the 1:1 extender aren't as compelling as they once were.

I also own the Kiron/Viv S1/Lester Dine 105mm macro wonderlens, which gives me 1:1 without needing an extender -- but I seldom use it in that range.

D.

---------- Post added 01-13-11 at 09:37 AM ----------

Here's a shot with the extender:

02-04-2011, 08:29 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Thanks for the comments duncsuss!

Yeah I think I'd use it pretty rarely, but I like the idea of at least having the option without using something suboptimal like an extension tube or close-up filter. I plan to one day get the Pentax DA 35mm limited macro, but the MFD will be so small that the 1:1 ratio will be mostly unusable.

BTW great pic...that level of macro opens up a whole new world!

BTW for anyone poking their head into this thread, I'd also take the K version of the extender for $75-$100. I imagine I'd use this rarely enough that not having the A setting won't be a big issue.

Thanks!
02-19-2011, 06:01 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Woohoo just bought the extender+case+hood+box! It was a pretty penny more than it's likely worth, but now I've completed what I expect to be my fav lens of all time!