Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-01-2011, 12:06 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 62 (100%)
[SOLD] Helios 44M-6 58mm f/2 (Worldwide)

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Helios 44M-6 58mm f/2

Asking Price
40USD

Item Location
Montreal, Canada

Item Description
I have a somehow rare (on this side of the world that is) Helios 44M-6 58mm f/2 in m42 mount for sale. I bought it from ebay from a seller in Russia that sells dozen of Russian lens every week. For what it is worth, I paid 50$ plus shipping for this lens and I am not trying to turn it into a profit.

This lens is known for making swirly bokeh.

I rated the lens as good although it looks mostly new on the outside. Let me explain. The lens itself is in great physical condition. I see no scratch whatsoever on the lens front or rear element and I am pretty confident that there is no dust speck inside it. I cannot guarantee that, but I cannot see any.

But, the focus ring is not working properly. First of all, it is stiff. Much, much stiffer than a takumar lens for example. I heard that this was common with russian lenses though. However, as you focus from the minimum focus distance to infinity, the focus ring/action gets stiffer at some point and then returns to normal. It makes the focus action as far as smooth as I could imagine it. The lens has no problem to focus on subject at any length, but the focus action itself is not pleasant as it is not constant in stiffness.

I tried to described the problem as best as I could. If you have question about it, please PM me.

The lens comes with original front cap and a generic rear cap. It won't come with a rear cap though as I need it for another lens. I will pack it very well though.

I also have a generic m42 to K-mount (with infinity focus) that I can include with the lens for an extra 5$. It's not as good as the Pentax original Adapter but it gets the job done.

Pictures of the actual lens

You can find bigger version of these images at Picasa Web Albums - Kp0c T. - Helios 44M-6 ...

I ship worldwide, please PM me for a quote.

If you are interested, please use the PM function. Also, I accept paypal, but the buyer pays the 3% fee. I accept EMT in Canada.

Thank you and happy holidays.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Good

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
10$ Canada - 15$ US

Shipping Services
Canada Post / USPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal Check/Money Order Other (Elaborate)

Return Policy & Additional Details
The item cannot be returned has the description states the condition very well and the I am not responsible if the buyer changes it's mind.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

01-01-2011, 02:53 PM   #2

Feedback Score: 14 (100%)
I tried a Mir 24 35mm f2 once and was surprised how stiff the focusing ring was. At first I thought it was faulty, but later was informed that it's normal for Russian lens. You should modify the description as such.

Regards,

Peter
01-01-2011, 02:57 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
As you mentioned, the focus action on russian lens is stiffer than what we are used to. However, my copy is different because the focus action gets stiffer as you turn it and then comes back to normal stiffness, if I may express it that way. This is why I don't list it as being in like new condition as I don't believe that this should be normal. It does not affect the lens ability to focus on a subject, but it affected my appreciation of the lens and therefore, I don't use it much and am ready to pass it to someone else!

Thank you Peter.

Last edited by kp0c; 01-01-2011 at 03:09 PM.
01-04-2011, 10:43 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Feedback Score: 1 (100%)
Hi! what is the diff between the 44M straight copy and the 44M-6 ( I am going to go to try to see where I can find the diff' - i thought I saw it here somewhere, - but, could you tell me? Also, do you have any images that you took with this particular len

Thank you my friend!!!

Kim (aka bokehbetty)

01-05-2011, 11:35 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Here you are ! I was wondering what was your question, but here it is. The difference, as far as my knowledge goes, is that they made quite a few version of that lens over the year. 44M-6 is, I think, Multicoated as previous may not be. They must be other differences but I am not sure about them.

Here is what I could find in the lens database : "Each version introduced various new features such as an auto diaphragm, multicoating etc. Later versions such as the '6' version lack a manual switch and have a redesigned focus ring."

The 6 is one of the latest version, it would seem.

I will try to find some picture taken with it. If I have a hard time, I will get out and take some!

---------- Post added 01-05-11 at 09:58 PM ----------

pending payment

Last edited by kp0c; 01-05-2011 at 07:58 PM.
01-06-2011, 08:24 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Lens sold to bokehbetty !