Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-08-2011, 04:35 AM   #1

Feedback Score: 21 (100%)
[SOLD] Tokina AT-X AF 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6 (near mint) (Worldwide)

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Tokina AT-X AF 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6 (near mint)

Asking Price
$550 USD (SOLD)

Item Location
Seattle, WA, USA

Item Description
PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Tokina AT-X AF 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6 (near mint, EXCELLENT condition) - $550USD (SOLD)

Item Description
Here is your opportunity to own a copy of the VERY RARE Tokina AT-X AF 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6 zoom lens.
This lens is considered by many to be one of the best consumer grade telephoto zoom lenses ever available for Pentax cameras and I would agree that not many lenses can produce the sharpness and quality of images this lens can across the entire 80-400mm range.

I would never be selling it but I ended up getting two copies through ebay auctions at the same time (didn't expect to win both) and to my surprise they were both in excellent condition so I am keeping one and selling the other. It was crazy to find 2 of these at the same time as I have been searching for one for over a year with no luck. I am going to pass on the good fortune and sell this great zoom lens for what I bought it for, $550.

The only reason this lens cannot be listed as "like new" or "mint" is because I do not have the original packaging, lens caps, and warranty. The glass is flawless. I really tried to find a speck of dust or anything to report and there simply isn't any. The coating is beautiful, the lens body is excellent (can't find any dings or brassing of any sorts), plus this thing is built like a tank! Everything is perfectly functional and it autofocuses fast on my K-x. This lens will come with generic front and rear lens caps as well as a 72mm Tiffen Haze-1 filter in good shape (worth $30 alone).
It is a wonderful lens to add to any collection!
It was a big step up for me from the DA 55-300mm lens. The Tokina 80-400mm lens is faster on the long end and gives you an extra 100mm of focal range. The best part is the Tokina is comparatively very similar in size to the DA 55-300mm lens so you don't have to lug around a Bigma just to get those super telephoto shots. The in-body stabilization seems to work great with this Tokina lens, allowing me to shoot hand-held at 400mm in less than ideal lighting situations. I found that rather impressive.

I will also consider trading this lens for either of the following :
Pentax DA 12-24mm
Pentax DA 18-135mm

I wrap and package lenses very well. I always insure the package for the total amount of the transaction to cover against any damage or loss. Fortunately, I have had no issues or problems thus far. Please refer to my 100% feedback score from the 18 other Pentaxians that have bought items from me recently.
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/feedback.php?u=23373

U.S. buyers preferred, although may consider selling to international buyer for asking price + actual shipping costs + paypal fees.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
$15 to CONUS (insured)

Shipping Services
USPS Priority Mail

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal Check/Money Order

Return Policy & Additional Details
Item guaranteed to be as described and not defective/damaged upon arrival. No further guarantee or warranty.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by JP_Seattle; 01-10-2011 at 01:10 PM.
01-08-2011, 04:17 PM   #2

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
PM sent
01-08-2011, 05:45 PM   #3

Original Poster
Novita,
I did not receive a PM from you. You can email me at nwpentax@gmail.com if that is easier for you.
01-09-2011, 11:05 AM   #4
Forum Member

Feedback Score: 9 (100%)
PM sent, for trade with DA 12-24.

01-09-2011, 02:06 PM   #5

Original Poster
Lens is sold - Thanks Jerry!

Last edited by JP_Seattle; 01-10-2011 at 11:17 AM.